The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

Does anyone know why they put those clear sheets of plastic in the box anyway??
Bob

talisman56

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 05, 2014, 05:07:39 PM
Bob

So we've got a ready supply of raw materials for glazing buildings and rolling stock?  ???
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

mark100

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on November 05, 2014, 05:07:39 PM
Bob
It gives someone in China a job, I suppose
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

steve836

Went to Butterly last Sunday, had a great day, but forgot my camera and used my "Hudle" the pics were ok but when I tried to share some with you guys  (and gals) they keep disappearing into cyberspace :veryangry: :censored: :sorrysign:
They have some interesting stock. A standard 5 was in steam, they have 2 princess coronation and some diesels including one by the name of Western Lady which they must have bought in a moment of weakness and seem ashamed of as they try to hide it under a tarpaulin :D
There are several other steamers in varying states of renovation, a great day out and I thoroughly recommend it.
My tame computer geek is coming tomorrow to try to sort out the pics. If he succeeds I will post them.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

railsquid

Quote from: steve836 on November 12, 2014, 09:17:47 PMI tried to share some with you guys  (and gals) they keep disappearing into cyberspace

"Cyberspace" is so 90's. You're supposed to hang with the cool hipsters and call it "The Cloud".

Disclaimer: I work in IT and I find these gadgets increasingly annoying...

Glad you had a good time though.

Michael Shillabeer

Quote from: railsquid on November 12, 2014, 10:02:16 PM

People using iPads as cameras remind me of the early days...

Somebody should bring out an iPad hood to shield the screen...

Best regards
Michael

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

So true.

Regarding the plastic in the packaging, I reckon the products are totally over packed. I seem to remember posting this somewhere before, but I damaged my Blue Pullman just unpacking it, and also my new Class 55.  :veryangry:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Yeah, whoever came up with that BachFar 55 packaging should be made to subsist on 70's style BR buffet fare for the rest of their lives. I keep forgetting to find a replacement box for it.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
I was so exasperated I took a photo of it!!
[smg id=13693 type=preview align=center width=400]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

longbridge

I would gladly pay less for over packaging and more for a better quality product but as usual I am just dreaming  :sleep:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

steve836

Quote from: railsquid on November 12, 2014, 10:02:16 PM
Quote from: steve836 on November 12, 2014, 09:17:47 PMI tried to share some with you guys  (and gals) they keep disappearing into cyberspace

"Cyberspace" is so 90's. You're supposed to hang with the cool hipsters and call it "The Cloud".

Glad you had a good time though.

I'm well past my sell by date so be glad I'm up to the 90's jargon :D
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Calnefoxile

Quote from: railsquid on November 12, 2014, 11:49:33 PM
Yeah, whoever came up with that BachFar 55 packaging should be made to subsist on 70's style BR buffet fare for the rest of their lives. I keep forgetting to find a replacement box for it.

When the new packaging came out I asked a Bachmann rep as to the reason why they went with it, as it's a real pain in the :censored: bum, to get the stock out.

His reply!!!!  Because it makes the model look better on the shop shelf!!! and he then went on to quantify this statement by saying that the old grey foam insert overshadowed the ability to display the qualities of the latest detailing of the latest models, (or words to that effect), and that this is how Bachmann US had been packaging models for years.

So it seems it's an instruction from Bachmann Corporate in the States....

regards

Neal.

Newportnobby

I think I might be alone in preferring that sort of packaging to the foam as, to me, there is less chance of damage when handling :hmmm:

railsquid

Have you experienced this particular item?

Tdm

With so much packaging the models I receive in Tenerife are never damaged when they arrive, only when I try to extract them!  :'(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations