The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Bealman on February 16, 2014, 11:13:16 AM
Oh for crying out loud. This is like something from Monty Python.

But on the plus side, it doesn't blow over in the wind, doesn't need trimming and doesn't flood.  A much sought-after residence ;)

Malc

All the council need do is to install the gate about a metre up the slope!
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Bealman on February 16, 2014, 11:13:16 AM
Oh for crying out loud. This is like something from Monty Python.

Quote from: Malc on February 16, 2014, 05:13:46 PM
All the council need do is to install the gate about a metre up the slope!

Ooh no no no.......
That would need to be authorised by both the Dunbartonshire Council Maintenance Department and the Maintenance Department of Dunbartonshire Council and they can never agree on anything...... :D

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Kipper

Got the confirmed diagnosis - Posterior Vitreous Detachment. That does not mean my bum has fallen off (heard that twice already)! The gel inside the eye is shrinking, as thought , but thankfully it is doing it slowly. If it was happening fast, it could tear the retina. Black floater has now exploded into a grey cloud, which is less obvious already, and my brain will choose to ignore all the spots over a few days.
Now, back to the trains.

daveg

Better news than first feared and your bum isn't falling off either!  ;)

Pleased to hear it, Kipper.

Take care.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Just as well your bum hasn't fallen off, Kipper.
We wouldn't want you getting behind on your layout :no: :-X

Bealman

That's like that kid who was born with a golden belly button. All the kids at school would make fun of him about it, so one day he got so fed up with it, he got a screwdriver and removed it.

That's when his bum fell off.

Good to hear it's not as serious as you thought!  :thumbsup:

Kipper

Thanks for all your thoughts folks.

Newportnobby

10 days ago I got my driving licence (photocard) renewal notice from the DVLA as my licence expires 27.4.14.
As I have a hip replacement op 25.3.14 which will preclude me from driving for 12 weeks, and as I had to travel into Preston today for other reasons, I thought I would make the renewal today. So far........sensible (to me)
At the Post Office I was told that the DVLA would likely charge me the fee and just renew my licence until 27.4.14 - the day it is currently due to expire :o
It was good of the guy to tell me this often happens and he suggested I go back nearer the date, but this is sheer madness/banditry on behalf of the DVLA :veryangry: :veryangry2: :censored:

MikeDunn

Quote from: newportnobby on February 21, 2014, 02:27:05 PM
At the Post Office I was told that the DVLA would likely charge me the fee and just renew my licence until 27.4.14 - the day it is currently due to expire
Not just them, mate ...

I'm a part-time mature student (I say the part-time bit goes with the student bit, but SWMBO disagrees  :-[), and when reminded late last year to renew my SU card, I did; thought I'd use the renewed card as ID for the exam.  Turns out I was a bit early (or rather, they were too early to remind people !), and the stupid  :censored: just sent me out a replacement with an expiry date of the end of that month !  Exactly what bit of it being on a renewal form did they not understand ?  :hmmm:

Wasn't impressed ... got a refund, and let it expire before I renewed again  :hmmm:  If it wasn't for being useful on the ID front, and getting some discounts, I'd not bother ...

Tank

I was at a customers house this afternoon doing a few jobs, and on the last one I had to use my electric planer.  Unfortunately it gave up!   >:(  It never really had much guts, so I've bought the DeWalt D26500.  A real beauty!!!  But, how to pay off the cost of it? ??? :thumbsdown:  The customer is on holiday at the moment, so I'll have to explain why the door isn't finished when they get home. :worried:

MikeDunn

Can't you go back around ?

Tank

No, she's back tomorrow and the planer won't be here until Monday.  I'm sure she'll be ok about it, it's just that I like to get everything done and dusted in one hit.

Bealman

Quote from: newportnobby on February 21, 2014, 02:27:05 PM
It was good of the guy to tell me this often happens and he suggested I go back nearer the date, but this is sheer madness/banditry on behalf of the DVLA :veryangry: :veryangry2: :censored:

Good to see the self-moderation being applied to great effect there, NPN!  ;D :thumbsup:

George

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations