The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParkeNd

Scaffolders. In particular scaffolders who refuse point blank, when hired by a major fascia/soffit and double glazing company, to put two planks down to stop the fascia replacement turning the top of the lawn into a replica of the Somme battlefield "because we're scaffolders mate, not (expletive) gardeners"

Not just scaffolders - scaffolders who have never heard the word "customer".

MikeDunn

Send 'em a bill for £100 damages, with a note that if you don't get paid you'll see them in the Small Claims Court !

A neighbour had his lawned verge repeatedly run over by a lorry delivering building materials - he billed the builders each time it happened - they paid up, and took it up with the delivery company !  They didn't do it again ...

Malc

Quote from: ParkeNd on January 28, 2014, 07:16:27 PM
Scaffolders. In particular scaffolders who refuse point blank, when hired by a major fascia/soffit and double glazing company, to put two planks down to stop the fascia replacement turning the top of the lawn into a replica of the Somme battlefield "because we're scaffolders mate, not (expletive) gardeners"

Unfortunately, you are not their customer, the double glazing company is, so send them a bill. They will give the scaffolders a kick up the jacksie.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

ParkeNd

Quote from: Malc on January 28, 2014, 09:37:48 PM

Unfortunately, you are not their customer, the double glazing company is, so send them a bill. They will give the scaffolders a kick up the jacksie.

You are right of course. But it's a glitch in the contract for us. I have complained already and will take it up with the surveyor when he visits. Probably get a scaffolding pole through my window when they come to remove the scaffolding.

Newportnobby

Quote from: ParkeNd on January 28, 2014, 10:45:39 PM
Quote from: Malc on January 28, 2014, 09:37:48 PM

Probably get a scaffolding pole through my window when they come to remove the scaffolding.

If the scaffolder is for the high jump, he might be on the end of the pole :o

Bealman

They don't bend that far.  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ParkeNd

Not only scaffolders. Now the fascia and soffit repair team who have broken a tile so that the window below it leaks water out of the ventilation slot. And they can't come to fix it until Monday - and it's raining!!!!!

Newportnobby

They don't all work for Bodgitt & Scarper, do they :worried:

Malc

Sounds like a chapter from "The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists" by Robert Tressel

ParkeNd

Quote from: newportnobby on February 01, 2014, 09:35:37 PM
They don't all work for Bodgitt & Scarper, do they :worried:

No. These are the most expensive of all the possibilities.

Agrafarfan

Don't you just hate it when your in a situation where it's just you and your friend and his girlfriend in the pub then you see the dark side to your friend being really nasty to his girlfriend Especialy when it's your best friend.

It was embarasing and disturbing, them to having a row Especialy when he was in the wrong he didn't hit her though but he was really aggressive I had to berate him after.

It was really horrible I didn't know what to do had I not known my friend for so long I would of told him where to go but I'm shocked the way he spoke to her.

Really hate these situations. Wasn't sure what do but post something on here.

Hopefully things would blow over. :worried:

Skyline2uk

QuoteDon't you just hate it when your in a situation where it's just you and your friend and his girlfriend in the pub then you see the dark side to your friend being really nasty to his girlfriend Especialy when it's your best friend.]Don't you just hate it when your in a situation where it's just you and your friend and his girlfriend in the pub then you see the dark side to your friend being really nasty to his girlfriend Especialy when it's your best friend.

Wow, sorry to hear that mate  :(

I have never been in that situation (I have seen best mates and GFs argue of course, but nether got nasty nasty), but I think you defo did the right thing. You are perfectly entitled to have a word with him after the event, it seems to me he was being a massive ****.

I would never presume to know what is going on here, nor tell you what to do, just hope the situation improves and does not repeat itself.

Skyline2uk

DWS

Nuisance phone calls - I've had three moire today;

"Do I want solar panels?"
"Our database shows that you haven't taken up the latest Government..."
"Am I speaking to the home owner? (In an Asian accent)"

I regularly get two or three a day and I am totally fed up with them, so much so that I have resorted to shouting at them to leave me alone and other unprintable comments.  BT don't want to know (like most other things) and while I'm on the subject of BT, have you ever tried actually talking to someone at BT?  They have soon ditched their "It's good to talk" campaign - their new adverts should say "We'll happily take your money but we really don't want to talk to you".

There, I feel so much better now, or do I?   :veryangry:

Oh, and to top it all, my iMac refused to start up this morning, after three or four attempts it finally opened giving me the message "Opening Error 5" which a quick search of the Interweb informed me that this probably means the hard drive is on the way out!  So I'm having to write this on my iPad...
Midsomer Magna - A fictional station in the West Country.

Dock Shunter

Quote from: Malc on February 01, 2014, 10:31:02 PM
Sounds like a chapter from "The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists" by Robert Tressel

Everybody should read that book Malc.... :thumbsup:
A real education and an eye opener.
Tressel was way ahead of his time....

Malc

Quote from: DWS on February 05, 2014, 04:45:24 PM
Nuisance phone calls - I've had three moire today;

"Do I want solar panels?"
"Our database shows that you haven't taken up the latest Government..."
"Am I speaking to the home owner? (In an Asian accent)"

I regularly get two or three a day and I am totally fed up with them, so much so that I have resorted to shouting at them to leave me alone and other unprintable comments.
I had a call from some guy who wanted to know if I'd had an accident at work recently. I said yes, I had an accident about 3 weeks ago. He started to get excited  and asked if I wanted to do something about it. I said, I have already done that. He asked me what had I done. I told him that I just came home and changed my underpants. He hung up. No sense of humour these sales types.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations