The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

Walk backwards and knock them out of the way - it's what your extra large rucksack is for!!!

Fratton

I had a wheelchair buggy and aiming for the ankles  >:D   :)
Charlie.

longbridge

Best to eat a tin of baked beans and eat a few onions the day before you visit  :doh: don't worry they will soon move on, nothing like the old passing wind trick  :D :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Lawrence

Tank

Quote from: Lawrence on January 13, 2013, 02:26:32 PM
Wallpapering  :veryangry: :veryangry:

LOL  Well I'm glad to hear that you've managed to get that far now.  It seems to have taken forever for the plaster to dry!    ;D

Lawrence

Quote from: Tank on January 13, 2013, 04:09:21 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on January 13, 2013, 02:26:32 PM
Wallpapering  :veryangry: :veryangry:

LOL  Well I'm glad to hear that you've managed to get that far now.  It seems to have taken forever for the plaster to dry!    ;D

Ah well, you see it's like this. One diluted coat to seal the plaster, one base coat and two topcoats on the ceiling and 3 walls, one wall sealed only as it was to be papered, then Della changed her mind and wanted the opposite wall papered (the really awkward one with lots of cutting out!) so the bare wall had to be painted to the same standard as the rest, then we had to get the carpet fitters in before Christmas or wait till next month  :o
The first 2 strips went up and, despite initial concerns by the amount of bubbling, settled back ok, except one bit shrunk too much so it had to come off again  :doh: so finally got it all done but don't know how it has dried yet till I get home tonight, if any more has shrunk back it's getting bloody painted  :veryangry:

bbdave

In three words DAPOL CUSTOMER SERVICE  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Dave

daveg

Quote from: bbdave on January 16, 2013, 05:51:45 PM
In three words DAPOL CUSTOMER SERVICE  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Dave

Know what you mean!

When enquiring about the unidentified, tiny items included with my new loco  'Don't know why they put you through to me..' and mentioning my eyes aren't as good these days, I was asked  'Why would you want to know if you can't see them very well?'

I did get the info by email as promised but what a charming way to speak to a customer.

Dave G

bbdave

At least they talk to you i just get ignored

Dave

daveg

Quote from: bbdave on January 16, 2013, 07:17:50 PM
At least they talk to you i just get ignored

Dave

Oh, I got ignored - initially, hence the phone call. I have to say the email was a lot more polite and wonder if the writer wasn't the person I spoke with.

Fratton

Quote from: davieb on January 18, 2013, 12:15:54 PM

a council gritter going round the grounds of the DW Stadium in Wigan  :veryangry:
and i'm not talking about the roads it was the paved areas right up to the walls and turnstiles  :veryangry: :thumbsdown:

dave  :thumbsup:

They either have an agreement with the council or he's a fan, i understand your frustration all the major routes are fine here, but where i live the two normal routes to work are over bridges that im going to have to navigate around through town,
Charlie.

Oldman

Saw gritters yesterday but not been out yet today.
Will be interesting because there is a slope and 180 degree corner just to get out of my parking space and onto the level bit. . No grit bins as our bin last year got moved due to residents in another road emptying it for their drives and we have been told it will not be replaced.
Last year I had enough problems getting out in my old Impreza but now I only have a small FWD car not looking forward to it.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

moogle

Been snowing here since last night - I HATE SNOW!  :veryangry:

Been food shopping today (Usually done Monday) before the paths freeze over and become skating rinks!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Newportnobby

Quote from: davieb on January 18, 2013, 12:15:54 PM

a council gritter going round the grounds of the DW Stadium in Wigan  :veryangry:
and i'm not talking about the roads it was the paved areas right up to the walls and turnstiles  :veryangry: :thumbsdown:

anyway rant over
stay safe everyone

dave  :thumbsup:

Guess it's a bit like schools, Dave. Anyone falls over they'll sue the stadium owners just like if little Johnny falls over in the playground the parents will sue the school. It's probably why they shut so many when there's an inch of snow, when I can remember going to school with 4ft or more of snow on the ground :censored:

Malc

I remember sitting in class wearing my overcoat because the heating had broken down. The free milk froze in the bottles, but we were still forced out into the playground at break time. Kids today..bore..bore..bore.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations