The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SymonC

Quote from: newportnobby on August 16, 2011, 05:23:09 PM
Quote from: Bikeracer on August 15, 2011, 11:51:28 AM
Why is it that car insurance renewal premiums are dearer for a loyal existing customer that's not made a claim than for a new customer.

Allan

Something else people forget is that when you get an 'on line' discount as a new customer, when your insurance comes up for renewal your premium goes up by that discount at least 'cos you're not a new customer anymore. I had the same thing with Saga and refused to renew until I'd negotiated that same discount again. Grrrrr

I always look online for a cheaper quote and then phone up my current insurers and tell them so and so will insure me for £x what is the best you can offer?

Normally they'll come down to roughly the same.

poliss

DCC23's? Not sure what you mean there. Is that the brand? Most decoders can be reset by entering 8 into CV8.

Crackerbill

DCC23 is the standard 6pin decoder supplied under the gaugemaster label.

I agree though setting 8 to CV8 should return the chip to the default values.

Tank

The other DCC23 I used reset with no trouble, but this one must have frozen, as nothing I try to change works!  I've emailed Gaugemaster, so we'll see what they say.

poliss

Tank

Nope. :thumbsdown:  I tried to read all of the values.

poliss

Lights on and nothing else happens. Doesn't sound good. Could be a dead decoder. Three things to try.
Try putting it in a consist again. Check decoder is still fitted correctly. Swap decoders with another loco.

Tank

Decoder is fitted ok, but I'll try putting it in another consist like you say.  I put another decoder in the same loco and it worked, and that decoder in another loco and there was nothing.

Lawrence

Geez, don't you guys know how to use the chatroom or pm's? this is a thread for angry people not digging our glorious leader out of a hole  ::)

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

poliss

Did it make you angry?  ;D

Tank

Lawrence is bitter because we have layouts.  ;) :evil:

longbridge

After hearing my mate tell me he chucked his DCC controller thingy across his 40ft shed I am pleased I decided to stick with DC
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bikeracer

Bought a laser colour printer last Tuesday,ran out of black and cyan toner on Sunday.
The starter cartridges fitted are supposed to last approx 700 pages,mine lasted for 206 pages of colour and 44 pages of black before the empty light on black and cyan came on...250 pages total.

I now find that all the manufacturers estimates are based on 5% coverage, who prints photos at 5% coverage ?
Ordered four new normal cartriges,the cost was 50% more than the printer.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Tank

Wow, what a con!  5%?!?! 

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 16, 2011, 09:43:02 PM
After hearing my mate tell me he chucked his DCC controller thingy across his 40ft shed I am pleased I decided to stick with DC

DCC is great, and although I'm only just getting started with it, I love the benefits of controlling loco's in the shunting yards.  :)  It's a shame I picked up a dodgy decoder, but fingers crossed I can get it swapped over.

longbridge

Quote from: Tank on August 17, 2011, 08:58:27 AM
Wow, what a con!  5%?!?! 

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 16, 2011, 09:43:02 PM

DCC is great, and although I'm only just getting started with it, I love the benefits of controlling loco's in the shunting yards.  :)  It's a shame I picked up a dodgy decoder, but fingers crossed I can get it swapped over.

Hi Chris, after splitting my layout in half today and deciding to make one half British and the other half American I am considering going DCC with the American Layout, at least if I get stuck with any problems I can always get help on this forum. :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations