Ideal world sales

Started by guest311, September 25, 2020, 03:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

has anyone actually bought from this lot of clowns, and actually got their item ?

ordered a phone off them after seeing it on their TV program, paid the first payment, then waited for it to arrive ....
and waited ....
queried with them when due ...
computer generated reply to my e-mail ...
second payment taken ...

further e-mail to them ...
computer generated reply .. will respond within 48 hours ... covid etc ..

repeat
repeat
repeat

still no item, though supposedly despatched 14th august...

if you want to speak to these clowns it costs 13p per minute, plus network charges, and you can bet you'll get at least five minutes of 'how important' your call is, 'covid - 19', and how 'hard we are working to resolve your problem' though no doubt you will lose the will to live, or go bankrupt, before you actually get to speak to anyone.

they are a load of cowboys ... do not touch them with a bargepole.

should have gone to Tesco, paid more, and actually got something in my hand  :censored: :censored: :censored:

ntpntpntp

I won't touch TV shopping channel stuff at all, it's mostly tat. If I were to accidentally be on a channel and see something vaguely interesting I'd go and find it in a proper shop.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

guest311

guest311

so, finally gave up on their so called "customer service" and it's annoying repeated e-mails, and phoned the contact number ... 'hello can I be helping you'  :'(

yes, you guessed a mumbai call centre.

what happened to 'buy british' ?
'so you are waiting for a refund ?'
'NO, I've never received it'

'when did you return this item?'
'do you not  :censored: listen, I have not received it, so how could I return it?'

so, after much agro, demanding to speak to a customer service manager, etc [none available of course] supposedly I'll get a ring back within two hours.

am I holding my breath ?

no I am not  :censored:

so, if you take my advice, do not have any thoughts of dealing with these idiots.

they are a load of con merchants.

guest311

oh for the days when ACKO22 could divert a couple of Tornadoes and at least give you some closure  :'(

guest311

surprise, surprise, actually had a call from a 'customer service manager, from Mumbai  :'( who said she will look into this

yeah

and will be in touch within 48 hours

yeah heard that before

after speaking to 'our suppliers'

so sounds like they do not actually have any stock, just flog stuff from other firms / con men

am I reassured ?

NFC !

I do wonder if ITV who seem to host these con merchants have any idea of what is happening, or do they just take the cheque, go yum-yum, and not give a damn ?

joe cassidy

I think that the people working in India for European/American companies are doing their best so please don't be too hard on them.

Personally I find that the Indian accent is easier to understand than the Scottish accent, for example.

guest311

e-mail this morning from "Ideal World" so called customer services, asking for a pile of information.

no problem really, simply copy / paste from an e-mail from them dated 11 september
:'( :'( :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

guest311

think this may now beginning to get through to them.
after several more emails to and fro, mostly ones from them saying the same as said repeatedly over the last six weeks or so, I snapped and asked for the contact details for the managing director.

'sorry can't give you them'
:veryangry:
followed by a seemingly 'sent by human' e-mail asking for details of my order
:censored:
so copy / paste the original e-mail with this info from them five weeks ago, and sent.

today e-mail saying according to their supplier/courier records it was delivered on xx/xx/xx which was 10 days before they said it was sent.
:censored:
sent them yet another copy of one of their e-mails [do they not read their  :censored: files ?
within an hour a flurry of three e-mails ..
1. an apology
2. advising the original had been lost 'in transit' by courier
3. advising a replacement item will be sent in 5 - 7 working days  :hmmm:

I'll believe it when / if it actually happens.

what a shower of incompetent idiots.

acko22

Quote from: class37025 on September 25, 2020, 05:09:10 PM
oh for the days when ACKO22 could divert a couple of Tornadoes and at least give you some closure

Those days of playing with jets and high speed fireworks are well behind me now, however in the current climate over there if you tell the Chinese Embassy the call centre is plotting a terror attack against the Chinese I am sure they could rustle up a few dozen MIGs to deal with the issue in that particular location!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

guest311

FINALLY, the phone arrived this wednesday  :thumbsup:

all I've got to do now is work out how it works, no instructions and no buttons  :'(

should have stayed with my flip-top, after all if it's good enough for Gibbs  :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations