The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bikeracer

Quote from: Trainfish on November 11, 2012, 05:23:12 PM
Was it shown live? If so maybe they should have started the race earlier to give everyone including riders, spectators etc the chance to stop and pay their respects too. Then again it's the BBC, they are a law unto themselves.
The race was in Valencia,don't think they have a Remembrance day in Spain.
Very much doubt they would have cut filming a football match off like that before a penalty shoot out.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

AndyGif

Quote from: Bikeracer on November 12, 2012, 09:01:41 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on November 11, 2012, 05:23:12 PM
Was it shown live? If so maybe they should have started the race earlier to give everyone including riders, spectators etc the chance to stop and pay their respects too. Then again it's the BBC, they are a law unto themselves.
The race was in Valencia,don't think they have a Remembrance day in Spain.
Very much doubt they would have cut filming a football match off like that before a penalty shoot out.

Allan
no spain dont do rememberance day for the world wars, as they didnt take part in either of them officially.
I guess they might do something for their civil war, but thats probably a very sore subject  still for a lot of spanniards.

Kipper

The race was shown in full from 13:00 on BBC, but when it had finished and the top runners interviewed, it switched to the red button for, presumably, more interviews and replays (I did not switch).

Kipper

Took my Mother to hospital for her skin cancer op this morning. Got home and fed the pooch and got my lunch. Half way through I got a call to pick her up. Drove back to the hospital and parked up. Went to Day Case Unit and she walked out - op not done as not serious enough (yet). Paid my £3 parking charge and drove her home. 50 miles worth of petrol and £3 car park all for nothing!

Newportnobby

Hi Kipper,

The problem was not with the MotoGP race but the Moto2 race.
IMHO the Moto3 and Moto2 on the red button are far more exciting than the 'main' race, especially as the grid contains nearly double the riders than in MotoGP and the skills/bikes are relatively equal. In Moto2 we saw Marc Marquez starting at the back of the grid and with 3 laps to go he was up to 2nd place and catching the leader quickly - then it cut off :censored:
I eventually saw on iPlayer that he won :claphappy:

daveg

Quote from: Kipper on November 12, 2012, 09:31:05 PM
Took my Mother to hospital for her skin cancer op this morning. .....Paid my £3 parking charge and drove her home. 50 miles worth of petrol and £3 car park all for nothing!

That's really annoying Kipper but I bet your mum was pleased you were with her depite the 'wasted' journey. Did a similar with my mum, years ago. Still miss her.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: Kipper on November 12, 2012, 09:31:05 PM
Took my Mother to hospital for her skin cancer op this morning. Got home and fed the pooch and got my lunch. Half way through I got a call to pick her up. Drove back to the hospital and parked up. Went to Day Case Unit and she walked out - op not done as not serious enough (yet). Paid my £3 parking charge and drove her home. 50 miles worth of petrol and £3 car park all for nothing!

There has been much said in the media about hospital parking charges and the millions they are making. I guess initially it was done to try and prevent those silly sods who parked there and went shopping, but it has gone too far. Sorry to hear your Mum's op was postponed and hope things go better next time :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Happily they abolished the parking charges in Wales, along with having no prescription costs. And despite the ranting over the border it *saves* money overall because we have a lot less serious expensive stuff to deal with because people attend their appointments and take their medication.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Kipper

Annoyingly, she went to Nottingham City hospital, when she usually goes to Kingsmill at Mansfield, which is only a mile up the road from here. Also, next to Kingsmill is both a Morrisons supermarket and a big B&Q, which car parks can be used for 2 hours. Yet when she went for a pre-op at Queens at Nottingham, the first half hour was free - no standardisation within the same area.

longbridge

Pretty angry with myself actually, I haven't been booked for a driving offense since 1969  :angel: but last Thursday got booked doing 59km per hour in a 40km per hour zone, I was going home after having a rather large skin cancer cut out of my left hand and just had a lapse of concentration for a few moments  :doh: :doh:

The cost $220 au or 144 GB Pounds, not happy but not moaning either, only thing is its not the best time of the year to get slugged with a bill, with that kind off money I could have bought a couple more locos or something  :veryangry:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

daveg

Commiserations Dave.

I've avoided a ticket for about the same time as you. Not a cheap experience. Hope a horse or a lottery win comes up for you.

Hope also that your hand is sorted and there'll be no more problems.

Dave G

scotsoft

Getting stung for that amount of money at any time is not great, I also seem to relate what money I have to spend on other things with the buying of locos as well  :doh:

John.

Lawrence

Getting totally fed up with all these bleeding hearts you read about moaning about totally inconsequential matters when our boys and girls in the forces are facing real problems and dangers on a daily basis.  Some of folks really need to wake up and get to grips with the real world. :veryangry:

Dave really sorry to hear that, you would think the guy would give you a bit of a break given your situation, I trust it is not malignant.

longbridge

Quote from: Lawrence on November 18, 2012, 10:16:17 AM
Getting totally fed up with all these bleeding hearts you read about moaning about totally inconsequential matters when our boys and girls in the forces are facing real problems and dangers on a daily basis.  Some of folks really need to wake up and get to grips with the real world. :veryangry:

Dave really sorry to hear that, you would think the guy would give you a bit of a break given your situation, I trust it is not malignant.

Thanks Lawrence, had a couple of nasty ones cut out lately and have bookings for every Thursday up until Christmas to get others cut out, not to worried about it as its almost a national pastime for 60+ oldies here in Oz  :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Malc

At least you are in the right place Dave. They are used to those down under. A pal of mine had a melanoma on his back several years ago, and by the time he noticed it and the doctors had faffed about, it was too late to do anything.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations