The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning 9mm

does make I laugh, and a good soundtrack....

in fact

better than a lot of the programs they put on  :-[

Bealman

You can always do what I did, switch it off and switch it back on again  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Browning 9mm

tried that, didn't make any difference, a few minutes and the picture went, just left the sound.

woodbury22uk

Quote from: njee20 on December 06, 2022, 08:26:44 AM
I'd like to see strike action like Japanese bus drivers - run the service, but collect no fares. I resent being a pawn in their negotiation, as I have no sway in it. Fine, hold your employer to ransom if that's your bag, but not the travelling public, they'll just end up grossly inconvenienced, will go elsewhere, patronage will drop and jobs will go, and I have no sympathy for that.

I don't think the Japanese system would work. The train operators would need to co-operate by shutting down their websites, and allowing train crew to work. Most of the strikers are not train crew, so we need to be more inventive. How about running all the passenger trains but not stopping at stations, or not opening the doors?
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Newportnobby

Quote from: woodbury22uk on December 06, 2022, 10:57:15 AM
How about running all the passenger trains but not stopping at stations, or not opening the doors?

No better than not running at all :no:
Seems all strikes hitting the news cause maximum inconvenience to the public.
As any cards sent for the festive season are unlikely to reach their destination let's avoid paying for stamps to send any. I sent a parcel 1st class signed for on Saturday 26th Nov and it still hasn't arrived in Scotland to the best of my knowledge. Not that I can check because, of course, the Track & Trace is not being updated ::)

Calnefoxile

Two words.......

VIRGIN MEDIA  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

3 weeks ago, a nice man from Virgin Media knocked at my door and proudly announced that I would be able to sign up to FTTP (Fibre To The Property) with them if I was interested??

Was I interested?? You're damn right I was, he was offering me 1Gig Download speed, I was in, hook, line & sinker. Sign me up matey.....

After signing up he promised me an Installation date of between 08:00 & 13:00 06/12/2022, i.e Today. Brilliant says I, so away he goes all done & dusted.

A couple of hours later I get a call from my current supplier, BT, asking why I was leaving them and I explained that it had nothing to do with their service, which has been exemplary for the last 25 years, but only because they can't offer me Fibre to the property. Ok they say, sorry about that but it will be a while before we can offer that and they fully understood why I was leaving, and they hoped I might come back in a years time when they possibly could offer me FTTP.

Scoot forward to last night!!!

Me & Mrs C sat watching TV, my phone goes @21:07, a text message from Virgin Media - "Sorry but we can't install your service on 06/12/22 and our new date to install your Service is 06/03/2023. Reply CHAT if you want to discuss this", "You  :censored: what I scream!!!! And try to reply 'chat' to the number, but no it can't be sent!!! Surprise, Surprise, their desk closes @21:00!!!!

So I've spent 3 hours this morning trying to find out what's going on, ringing Virgin Media 3 times as they kept cutting me off, only for them to confirm that they've got to delay my install because they have to carry out some external work before they can connect, and that's being done on the 04/01/23, however my mate down the road is having his done on 30/12/22.

I said to them that because of them sending todays date to BT, BT are terminating my Services from them @23:59 today so what are Virgin going to do about that?? I ask.

I'm really sorry about that sir, say Virgin, but that's the dates from the Installation Team. But what about my Broadband & phone line form BT, says I. And around the houses we go, Virgin saying not their issue and me saying yes it is, you told BT that you were taking over my service today???

Ended up with me ringing BT to plead with them to not terminate my Service today, but nothing they can do as the Service is due today @23:59 and it's locked, I have to call Virgin back to get them to issue a new cutover date and that will stop todays disconnection.

So back to Virgin to issue new paperwork.  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

I have pulled the "I work for the Emergency Services, supporting front line Ambulances" card, so let's see if that gets their backsides in gear!!!!

Not a great start for Virgin Media, let's see how they handle this?? If it's well then I might stay, if not I'll be back to BT and wait for their FTTP.

Sorry for the diatribe, I feel like @Browning 9mm   :D :D

Regards

Neal.

Browning 9mm

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I found Virgin great at selling, not so great at actually providing the service.
also, if you are on a new customer introduction rate, sit down when you get the new rate at the end of your 12 months

Foxhound

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Browning 9mm

well at least one thing has gone right today ...

SWMBO's tv arrived at 13:30, HB then walked, tv now installed [I must read the rest of the instruction book but at least she has the tv channels, I just need to work out how to add the dvd player and possibly link to the laptop or a hard drive with photos]

only dowside so far is HB sulking cause he hasn't had another dinner after his walk  :*(

Newportnobby

Quote from: Calnefoxile on December 06, 2022, 12:10:00 PM
however my mate down the road is having his done on 30/12/22.

Unless he gets the same run around. I'd suggest you warn him what might happen, Neal
Virgin on the ridiculous ::)

Newportnobby

Having bought a Nextbase dash cam from Halfords, I sat for 2 hours in their freezing warehouse they call premises while it was hard wired in yesterday afternoon. I only live about 5 miles from them yet before I got home it had fallen off the windscreen. Now a friend had the same issue and after several attempts to get it to stick he used double sided tape on the pad which sticks to the windscreen (no sucker with this lot apart from the one who bought it) his has been stuck for 4 years or so.
Maybe foolishly, I rang Halfords and asked if I did the same would it invalidate any warranty. The first respondent asked me to hold on while she checked and never came back so I asked the second chap the same question and was told it would, indeed, invalidate the warranty. However, he booked me in for Thursday this week (anytime in the day) and if they can't fix it properly then I'll demand a refund.
The jury is out......................

Malc

I had a Halfords fitted Nextbase dashcam with a suction cup. It would occasionally drop off, but wetting the rubber/plastic cup made it stick for some months.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

No suction cup with this, Malc, just a somewhat pathetic 1" square adhesive pad

dannyboy

I have front and rear Nextbase dashcams. The rear has a, (long), lead which plugs into the front facing camera. Like Malc, mine is stuck to the windscreen with a suction cup. If it ever 'lets go', I do the same and wet the suction cup and stick it back on, although it usually only falls off in very hot weather - so it does not fall off that often! Those 1" square adhesive pads are usually quite good Mick - I presume the 'fitter' gave the windscreen a good clean first.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on December 06, 2022, 03:20:39 PM
Those 1" square adhesive pads are usually quite good Mick - I presume the 'fitter' gave the windscreen a good clean first.  ;)

Dunno, David. I wasn't going to freeze my 'nads off standing over him and I don't think he'd have appreciated me doing so anyway :no:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations