The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on August 20, 2015, 10:33:44 AM
A perfectly normal electric kettle, Malcolm, but there is a bad 'metallic' tang to it which wasn't there before the bug occurred. ???
Ah not ye oldie ancient northwestern urn then , you mean electric has got that far north, well well  :laugh:
Have they said how long you should boil it for ?
The usual method is a gentle rolling boil for at least a minute to kill it.
Not achieved in a kettle !
If they have recently changed the chlorination to chloramine (the bane of tropical fish keepers!!) you may notice a change of taste and a longer boil will help to breakdown the more persistent chloramine.
Just a few random thoughts.

Newportnobby

It's costing me a small fortune in hamster food to keep the little buggers running in their wheel to provide enough power for the kettle, Malcolm. That really does constitute a slow boil.
I just hope they take this into account when/if any compensation is considered :veryangry:

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on August 20, 2015, 11:27:29 AM
fortune in hamster food
:laughabovepost:
hubble bubble toil and trouble
fire burn and cauldron bubble,,,
vision of npn in pointy hat with giant urn on a blasted heath.

Newportnobby

Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 20, 2015, 11:37:56 AM

Drat - I've been spotted. Please don't grass me to the law as my current ASBO is still in force :worried:

Caz

Hope it is not too serious and you are back modelling real soon.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on August 20, 2015, 12:41:23 PM
Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 20, 2015, 11:37:56 AM

Drat - I've been spotted. Please don't grass me to the law as my current ASBO is still in force :worried:
:)
I 'spect you've heard the classic Linda Smith : "Dont knock the ASBO, it's the only qualification some kids will get "
I know you are a kid at heart ! ;)

Calnefoxile

:veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

Will people stop posting about bargains they've spotted this close to TINGS.

DON'T YOU REALISE I HAVE TO SAVE MONEY FOR TINGS AND AFTER TINGS THE BARGAINS WILL HAVE GONE

So stop it

:veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

Rant over, have a good day

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Neal.

daveg

Duly noted, Neal!

After moving so much closer to Leamington Spa, I'm still not sure I'll be going to TINGS.

I'd like to but unsure if the crowds will allow me to see and enjoy the layouts.

I wouldn't be buying anything. I have a lot of stuff bought before I moved that has been in boxes for the last 12-18 months I'd land up duplicating even more than I have done already!

My pre-orders plus spontaneous buys, such as the Grange, have taken care of the budget until 2016 so sensible head on (he lies, of course!  :-X).

However, It would be great to meet some NGF folk and perhaps that would be the best reason to go. Have I somehow missed the rendezvous posts for this year?

Dave G

Sprintex

If you want to avoid the crowds go on sunday :thumbsup:

Paul

MikeDunn

Have now filled 3 green bins (large ones !) with  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: Canadian Balsam ... hate the damn stuff !!!

OTOH, I think that's the last of this years growth  :thumbsup:  Just need to inspect that area of the garden several times a year for the next 4 years to make sure I get any remnants from seeds  :thumbsdown:  Let a neighbour into that part over last winter to put up a fence, seems he disturbed a bunch of :censored: dormant seeds while he was at it ...

Agrippa

Sounds like something you took for a soar throat.......
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

MalcolmInN

Canada Balsam was ( is?) long used by microscopists in preparing their slides,
You could be on to a lucrative side-line.
Has this terrorist botanical got a binomial ?

Quote from: Agrippa on August 22, 2015, 06:56:48 PM
Sounds like something you took for a soar throat.......
Who is flying kites ?

Newportnobby

Could be worse. In this area we have the Return of the Giant Hogweed (passing nod to Genesis) which can wreak terrible skin complaints if brushed against :o

Oldman

My current local grrrr, one of the local farmers seems to decide every fine weekend ( with a comfortable breeze) to go out in his fields and spray liquid effluent that then leaves it odour all weekend. :censored:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on August 22, 2015, 09:11:29 PM
Could be worse. In this area we have the Return of the Giant Hogweed (passing nod to Genesis) which can wreak terrible skin complaints if brushed against :o
oh yes, a bit of a scourge,
apparently it is a (distant ?) relative to/of the carrot, so finding a natural (introduced) antagonist could be frought with danger :(

Genesis ? > save me a google ??

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations