The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Turn it into a large kennel and have a couple of Rottweillers or German Shepherds in there.
Large notice on back fence saying guard dogs at large and they can reach the gate in seconds can you?
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

EtchedPixels

If you do go after the council then two things I have found worth knowing:

- get the court to send the paperwork to them. It has to be served properly and if you do it yourself and do a step wrongly (eg using 2nd not 1st class post!) some smartarse lawyer will get it thrown out. Keep the receipt and add it to the councils bill 8)

- if the council offer a settlement and you refuse it then go to small claims and are awarded less you can expect to pay all the costs for both sides (its the 'stupidity penalty' for not settling and wasting all their time)

better yet get a solicitor involved.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

MikeDunn

Quote from: daveg on April 22, 2013, 11:58:20 AM
That's really awful Mike!

Without looking myself, I wonder if the oil and gas suppliers have a system that can help protect/defend these storage tanks from theft?
Yup, it is ...  At least this is a metal tank, and is built into the garage ... so they can't easily puncture it (unlike polyprop, which I had been thinking of moving to - not any more !!!).  None nicked this time, due to the lock on the door to the tank.  Will have a look-see for some kind of siren detector, put inside with the tank ...

That being said, I do however approve of Tank's sharpened shovel idea!
Been sitting by the back door since we noticed the last lot was nicked !

And I think I'm gonna have to be an unsociable neighbour & switch the perimiter lighting on again ... none near the tank though :(  Gonna have to sort that out.

EtchedPixels

Reminds me.. does anyone know of a good source for a motion sensor lamp with a delay *before* it comes on. We keep getting drunks peeing down (or near!) our drain and I'd like put up a light that comes on once they've started not before - so they think twice in future as they stand illuminated

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

daveg

Quote from: MikeDunn on April 22, 2013, 12:23:19 PM
Quote from: daveg on April 22, 2013, 11:58:20 AM
That's really awful Mike!

Without looking myself, I wonder if the oil and gas suppliers have a system that can help protect/defend these storage tanks from theft?
Yup, it is ...  At least this is a metal tank, and is built into the garage ... so they can't easily puncture it (unlike polyprop, which I had been thinking of moving to - not any more !!!).  None nicked this time, due to the lock on the door to the tank.  Will have a look-see for some kind of siren detector, put inside with the tank ...

That being said, I do however approve of Tank's sharpened shovel idea!
Been sitting by the back door since we noticed the last lot was nicked !

And I think I'm gonna have to be an unsociable neighbour & switch the perimiter lighting on again ... none near the tank though :(  Gonna have to sort that out.

Just a thought but how about the door being linked to one of those hugely loud air horns/screamers? They can really hurt, esp if your inside with one going off!

Dave G

MikeDunn

You mean the siren detector I mentioned  :D

zwilnik

If you're remote enough to need an oil tank, do you have a septic tank too? if so, swapping them could be fun the next time the thieving gits come by :)

MikeDunn

LOL, that would have been ... 'interesting'  :D

No, the septic tank was disconnected when the village got mains sewers before we moved in.  From memory, it's downhill from me though, outside my property.

AndyGif

Possible oil tank detterent?

[url=http://www.vetuk.co.uk/cat-accessories-cat-deterrents-c-626_812/ssscat-spray-deterrent-p-5291]http://www.vetuk.co.uk/cat-accessories-cat-deterrents-c-626_812/ssscat-spray-deterrent-p-5291
[/url]

attach some tubing to the nozzle and route it to spray something nasty smelling, like the cheap syphon airbrushes do.  Though you need to be able to sneak up on it yourself  to be able to turn it off with out getting sprayed.
Keeps our moggies out of the bedroom.

ReBeginner

Pengi
To win you do not need a solicitor, claims up to £5000 are fast tracked and intended to be settled simply - if there is/was a court hearing you would be LIP Litigant In Person and can claim (it used to be £7.50 per hour) for your time, going back to take a picture will qualify both cost and time wise - so keep a note of all time you spend and in presenting council with draft (print blank forms from court service web site and fill out in hand) summons, show costs to date and do claim interest (it used to be 8%)
You will need to find out, by research on net will tell you, that is all a solicitor who did not already know will do, what depth of hole is unreasonable for council to ignore and so become responsible, ditto with actual area of said hole.
You say there are numerous holes, photo the lot, close up and landscape to show the road and what part of it the holes occupy - any help you give the judge (should one become involved) will be looked on favourably - remember, often it the caser that the District Judges dealing with this level of case are usually solicitors giving one or two days per week with view to becoming full time DJ salaried by Kier Starmer's crew - they are human, very much so and as such are helpful and tolerant of LIPs against bureaucracy and stuff.
Don't let them get away with it - you pay your taxes and support the overstaffed bureaucratic self servant council and councillors so get it paid - even tell the council had you known they had not failed to maintain that road you would not have used it - ask them for a list of roads under their control that are maintained properly so that you travel only those routes - you'll get a blank sheet of paper!
As for earlier tyres, you can go back either 3 years or 6 years to claim on those but it might prove difficult since holes might well have been filled, by now.
You can also request under Freedom Of Information a list of other claims they have received over the last however many months or years you want to go back for the offending stretch of road - and separately ask what outcome was of said claims and again, separately question, what remedial action council then took!
Less is more .............. So I'm told!

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

ReBeginner

Etched Pixels
Sorry although I know what you mean but getting the court to post is not reliable unless it is because one has used the on-line service to raise the summons - the old 'clear your CCJ's' relied on claiming summons had never been received, and was for quite sometime successful - and that was court postings - so, Recorded or Special Delivery only, but cost of Special might not be allowed in expenses claim since only service was necessity, not speed of delivery or, as above, because it is court service automated from Northampton by web site it is deemed as served.
Less is more .............. So I'm told!

What do we want?
Hearing Aids
When do we want 'em?
Hearing Aids

Malc

Hi Mike, when I used to drive firm's land rovers, they had a sieve welded into the filler nozzle to stop people siphoning fuel out.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

keerout

How about this: go in the hospital for a thyroid op, after the op, still under, but sleeping it off, my daughter is watching me and notices a big swelling. medics duly noticed and alarmed, I get bundled back to the op room. turns out someone forgot to tie up an artery.....  :thumbsdown:
Me, with a double dose of anesthetic left hallucinating for 3 days they had to strap me down I've got the contusions to proof it   :veryangry:
I'm just released with a bug in my lungs so I can not kiss anybody without killing them. picked up the local tummy bug too no Catmandu 2 step, more like the health service
8 step  :-[  >:(  :-X      (that's a Dutch hospital for you)tomorrow I have to go back as they didn't have my meds yet     
anyhoo, I'm home again and have at least 10 days for some serious modelling  :D
Gerard  :unimpressed:

daveg

Oo-er! Sounds horrid.  :sick2:

Get well soon!

Dave G

Newportnobby

Very sorry to hear that, Gerard, and hope you are on the mend soon. :thumbsup:
I thought that sort of treatment was reserved for English hospitals ::)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations