World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

I only watch the England games ,because my son is part of the team although not a player he still is important he is the teams Chef and nutritionist , and that's quite a big responsibility  to carry on his shoulders. He has put one or two photos on Facebook  with other members of the team .
Bob  Tidbury

port perran

And have you spotted your son yet?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bob Tidbury

Only very briefly in the background behind the dugout ,he is usually too busy in the Hotel kitchen preparing their meals ,but we did see him on the tele when he was with the under twenty team , when they won he was actually holding the cup for a while when they interviewed the team after the match .
He was also the chef for Team G B Rowing when they were in the Olympics.
Just after the Olympics he was on the tele with the Hairy Bikers where he was filmed cooking a meal for two of the rowing team in his own kitchen ,he also showed me around the rowing club building and the boats .
We are really proud of his achievements even though he is more in the background most of the time.
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

I think this Brazil x Mexico match needs a goal from Mexico to light the fires a bit :sleep:

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 02, 2018, 03:59:44 PM
I think this Brazil x Mexico match needs a goal from Mexico to light the fires a bit :sleep:
I tend to agree

port perran

Well, Brazil through though they were, to my eyes, unconvincing.
Inte resting game this evening though. I fancy Belgium but I wouldn't rule out Japan at all.

Newportnobby

Not the result I hoped for this afternoon but I was surprised at the lack of urgency from Mexico as the clock wound down.
Once again, Neymar should win the Golden Raspberry Award for rolling in agony on the touchline ::)

Intercity

Seeing a lot of the play acting this year, it's a real shame a so called professional has to resort to that.

The guys at work asked me about it, the best I could come up with was it's a sad side of the sport and in the players eyes if they waste 4 minutes rolling around and the ref only adds 1 or 2 extra time then they are achieving the time wasting they intended to, in my opinion more cards should be issued for it.

Newportnobby

Totally agree. There are some players (and they are well known for this) who deliberately try to get other players sent off. One is Ronaldo who, having been successful in doing this with Wayne Rooney in 2006, winked most obviously at what I assume was his manager but it was caught on camera for the world to see.

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: Intercity on July 02, 2018, 07:32:57 PM
Seeing a lot of the play acting this year, it's a real shame a so called professional has to resort to that.

The guys at work asked me about it, the best I could come up with was it's a sad side of the sport and in the players eyes if they waste 4 minutes rolling around and the ref only adds 1 or 2 extra time then they are achieving the time wasting they intended to, in my opinion more cards should be issued for it.

Well, if you are no more than a overvaluated and OVERpayed mediocre player... you resort to what you excell in...
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

acko22

Well there seems to be very little middle ground, you can rugby tackle a player down and don't get punished for it, and you can hit the floor like you have been hit by a North Korean Missile for the weakest of touches and again don't get punished for play acting!

I would love to see a ref who doesn't stop play for an old school challenge where the player is wiped out, and then when the managers kick off and cry the ref give it them straight and say well if your players stop diving and over reacting then maybe I will know what is an actual foul and not their players auditioning for the next action film!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Newportnobby

Sadly a lasting memory of the 2010 World Cup............................. ;)

port perran

Well, particularly the second half that was a proper game of football.
I feel sorry for Japan, they gave everything.
Terrific stuff.

scottmitchell74

That's the Match of the tournament so far!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lindi on July 02, 2018, 08:58:38 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 02, 2018, 07:42:13 PM
. One is Ronaldo who, having been successful in doing this with Wayne Rooney in 2006, winked most obviously at what I assume was his manager but it was caught on camera for the world to see.

If you deliberately stamp on another players testicles then you deserve to be sent off. There is no excuses for that (even if the opposition had tried to wind him up).

Firstly it was hardly a stamp. Secondly, I agree it should have been a sending off, but by a decision made by the referee and not a cheat from the other side influencing the referees decision.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations