Flippin' retailers.

Started by emjaybee, February 05, 2019, 11:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honk843

Neither did Bournemouth until 1967 or so. Seems to co-inside with the repainting of the Brighton Belle to Blue/Grey.

mickeyflinn

There was a post yesterday by @nookfield (https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=44355.msg552312#msg552312).
I've now got a maroon ended BR inspection saloon on its way to me - I didn't need it as I've already got the black ended NGS one, but this is the one I really wanted but missed out when they produced it.
Oh, and I ordered some more track and rail joiners whilst I was at it ready for the construction of my layout that might be starting sometime this year!!!

Bob Tidbury

My problem is that I have to sell at least two locos to be able to buy one new one , Still it's sorting out the impulse buys that I could afford when I was working .
I think the government  as well as a winter payment should give us pensioners a HOBBY BONUS now and again that would help ,I think when we have the next general election I will have to ask which party will agree to that .
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 06, 2019, 08:40:53 AM
give us pensioners a HOBBY BONUS now and again that would help

Could be be quite costly. But, think of the money that would be saved overall - pensioners keeping active, both physically and mentally so less dependence on the NHS. I am sure there would be other benefits to the general economy as well.  :thumbsup:  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 05, 2019, 09:52:15 PM
I resisted the Hornby Bournemouth Belle first time around and, despite being informed Hattons are taking pre-orders for it, I must and will resist again. It's completely out of my modelled location which has no third rail facility but it is in the right era. Oh damn, I've just made a reason for getting one but, no, I must resist resist resist resist

Its out of my area as well, so is the Midland Pullman...  But I have both now!!  Now I am resisting that damn GT3 if it ever happens..
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations