RIP Paul Price, a wonderful Forum member

Started by Stevie DC, April 29, 2019, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

25901JFM

Sad news indeed and my condolences to his family and friends.  I only knew Paul from his posts here on the NGF.  The one thing that has always stuck with me apart from his love of Jubilees was, as Bealman mentioned the train of Elephants. Also the photos of said elephants loose on the layout, the name of which escapes me at present.  RIP Paul.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

marco neri

Sad news only read today....
Condolences to Paul's family.

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Hailstone

I have only just caught up with this, my condolences to Paul's family, I enjoyed his posts and good natured fencing with @Atso . our group has lost another of it's best - RIP

Regards,

Alex 

trkilliman

Yes this is sad news.

I always enjoyed seeing see his latest loco projects, painting and lining done to a very good standard

R.I.P. from a fellow Jubilee fan.

Philip.

very sad news, only knew him on this forum and he was very complimentary about my feeble attempts at weathering.

RIP Paul

crewearpley40

thanks for those links,  mick,  just reading those lovely posts about paul's Jubilees. superb modelling

joe cassidy

I feel the same way I felt when I learned of the passing of Andy Calvert.

As well as being a great guy Paul was an inspirational modeller for me in that his speciality (apart from Jubilees) was transforming obselete Farish Poole locos into something special.

crewearpley40

a true gentleman and that train with the elephants made me smile !!!!

cornish yorkie

:hellosign: So sorry to hear this sad news, my condolences to his familly
     regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Widnes Model Centre

Pauls Funeral Details are as follows if anyone is in the area:

Friday 10th May 2019 at 12noon.
St Bedes Church
Appleton Village
Widnes
Cheshire

Half expecting a herd of elephants to be following, not unlikely with the way Paul thought.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Dinosaur in the field on one of his exhibition layouts. He called it his "Doyouthinktheysawus"

Bealman

Obviously from my distant point, I will be unable to be there. But I will be in spirit.  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Very sad news.

I will name my N scale elephant "Paul", as it is a direct consequence of comments from him on a thread of mine which caused me to acquire it.

Ozymandias

I am as stunned and saddened as I'm sure my fellow NGF friends are at this news.

I only knew Paul through the Forum, but he was always so kind, courteous, funny, constructive and helpful.

To his DO, his family and all that knew him - my love, condolences, hugs and best wishes.

You lost a good one, and our hearts are with you.

Ozymandias
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations