The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Quote from: Pendy on July 12, 2012, 12:43:22 PM
What winds me up is the way that football clubs are keep changing their strips for marketing reasons and sometimes the strip bears only a passing resemblance to the traditional design of the club.

I don't mind minor changes but when my club has changed it strip so that it now looks that that of another premier league team - then I get angry.

Another example is Cardiff City changing their strip from blue to red and their nickname to go along with it.

You can see many of them here http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/ they even have a Room 101 with all the worst strips in it  :smiley-laughing: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Articles/Room_101.html

Greybeema

Quote from: Tank on July 12, 2012, 10:21:34 AM
I've written another letter to Croydon Council, so let's see what happens.  Apparently it's OK to let a road 'pond' for an hour. ::)  All they need to do is to put more drains on the surrounding roads to stop the streams of water coming down them (steep hills) and causing the volume of water to be greater than the drains on my road can cope with.  Simples!

Last year, in Dublin, Dundrum Shopping Centre was badly flooded during torrential rain, with water reaching the height of six feet on some of the ground floor entry doors - needless to say there was terrible damage to some of the basement shops resulting in many having to totally refurbish and re-stock.

Dundrum Shopping Centre was built in the bottom of a valley.  The had to re-route a river and a stream.  During the heavy rain that caused the flooding the river and stream decided that their priveous route were in fact better than the new route, memory took its course and the river now flowed through the Sshopping Centre.  To add insult to injury - the local Council decided to pump the water out of the shopping centre, tanker it up to a local park to dispurse the water across the Park.

Yes you have guessed it right - the water poured off the park which was higher than the Shopping Centre and into the local river - the very one that had decided that it liked shopping in Dunrdum Shopping Centre.  What is even more amazing was that the Council carried on with the operation for the best part of 12 hours wondering why the water did not diminish..

Chris,  I hope you stay dry and that there was not too much damage.  My point is that it is not just in Croydon that stating the bleedin obvious doesn't really work...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Tank

Yikes!  I sure hope that our council doesn't have the same idea about pumping the water!!!!

Pete Mc

My sympathy for your situation Chris.With all the rain we too have had in South Yorkshire,our thoughts returned to 2007 when we had the worst floods in 55 years,I wasn't flooded out,although I was told we were very close to being flooded out.Just one street away in fact.
I have never witnessed anything so devastating in my whole life.At the time,my plumbing,heating and gas business was doing great and due to flood damage,I obtained more work than I could cope with,but to see the damage water and the filth it contains does to property is absolutely heartbreaking.I frequently saw normally strong men weeping,not to mention their wives,hate to see histerical women.These places are their homes,the biggest purchases they'll ever make,ruined by water,very dirty water that leaves inches deep layers of mud on everthing that it touches.I hope I never see this ever again.
So my sympathies for everyone caught out by this nightmare.No matter how people prepare,its unstoppable unfortunately.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Tank

Thanks Pete.  Mine certainly wasn't anywhere near how bad as you've described thankfully.  It must be devastating.  It just angers me that I've been onto the council about it for a few years, and nothing has been done.

Lawrence

Whack in a ruddy huge bill for the damage to the garden, workshop and tools to the council, explain to them that it is their own fault as you have contacted them numerous times about it

EddieA

Quote from: EtchedPixels on July 11, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on July 11, 2012, 09:48:19 PM
Quote from: Zwilnik on July 11, 2012, 08:23:52 PM
Someone once calculated that printer ink was more expensive per ml than the most expensive vintage champagne.

Pint of magenta, anyone :beers:

Green monster 8)

Ahh! Absinthe... (makes the heart grow fonder). OK I've found my coat!!!
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

Newportnobby

Quote from: EddieA on July 13, 2012, 01:07:41 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on July 11, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on July 11, 2012, 09:48:19 PM
Quote from: Zwilnik on July 11, 2012, 08:23:52 PM
Someone once calculated that printer ink was more expensive per ml than the most expensive vintage champagne.

Pint of magenta, anyone :beers:

Green monster 8)

Ahh! Absinthe... (makes the heart grow fonder). OK I've found my coat!!!

:smiley-laughing: Anyone know a good dentist for Eddie? ;D

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

K-N-Gauge

jonclox

Quote from: jonclox on July 02, 2012, 06:42:13 PM
>:(  Sheeeesh.
After a test or 2 today they decided that I need an op.  :o but can oly take 'local anasthetic' and follow the op. in real time (about an hour)
3 options given to me
1 Go on a 'trials' list and have either the old carving knife treatment or
2  the up to date  laser treatment
I can say which of the two I prefer but being a trial thingie may end up with the other one  ???

3 I can definatly say 'I want the knife or laser' and they will proceed with my choice.

Sooooooooo bassicaly 2 choices..........trial or straight NHS
I must decide then go back in two weeks time and tell them my decision  ::)
Straight NHS waiting time 4--6 months :o
Trial waiting time..3---4 weeks.
Cant really see that theres any choice ::)
Answers in two weeks
sheeeeeeeeesh  >:( close on 3 hours late seeing nurse...45+ mins form filling.
result... on the trial BUT with the blunt old carving knife not the moden laser :(
Now ......wait for appointment for final assesment  (3-4) weeks then op within 2 weeks of that
I is not amused or happy
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Trainfish

Reported a blatantly obvious shill bidder to ebay yesterday. They say they have investigated and "After further investigation on your report, I can confirm that I have taken appropriate action in accordance with our policies". So, they've been banned or at least suspended I think? Not a chance! They're still up and running selling and no doubt will be bidding on their own items using an identity which had a zero rating up until the sellers auctions ended yesterday, were paid for, sent, delivered and feedback posted from the BUYER within 4 minutes of the auction ending. I won't rest on this one yet though, they will be reported at EVERY opportunity. I won't name names but have a 'look' at this item which has of course been relisted the same day as the auction finished.

Edit: I should just add that I don't want and never did want the item above, it was purely used as an example. There were 6 auctions out of 8 in total from this seller which ended fraudulently yesterday. I would strongly recommend not buying from him/her.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

K-N-Gauge

I never doubt on eBay half the stuff you bid for one of the other bidders is the seller, cause when in sell the same item it never gets near that amount :p lol

Mustermark

Double irony on their user name then!!!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Trainfish

I agree but I managed to refrain myself from saying that in my email to ebay. I have now written a second email to them in easy to read baby language words of 1 syllable so we'll see if it does any good. Either way that seller will wish he had never done it. I was given a second chance offer by the seller as the shill bidder won the item by accident. I was happy to buy the item as the third and fourth bidders were genuine. I'll be even happier once I receive the item. And if it's sent without using recorded delivery it may not get here but I didn't say that did I? And I do like the internet where you can find out just about anybody's address, phone number etc from just a couple of details  ;)

Edit: It seems someone else with a 0 feedback has bid on all his CDs, I wonder who that could be? I also wonder if other bids will come along before the end, I'm sure it will be quite obvious if they do at those prices  :thumbsup:

Wednesday edit: The guy must be a simpleton. Once again he is bidding on his own items. The good thing is he won't win them unless he bids over £20 for each CD and I also have a funny feeling that the newly registered 'winning' bidder won't be paying for them either  :evil:
Ebay have done absolutely nothing about him so it's good to see that 'someone' else is going to at least mess him around as much as they can  ;)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations