Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

Mick. Words maybe tonbridge and battle . Maybe an issue with the low bridges and width of them on the hastings line due to a restricted loading gauge

daffy

The wording follows an Act of 1065 that sought to prevent William, Duke of Normandy and his army acquiring horses locally should he seek to set foot on English soil in the area, as French horses were known to suffer from seasickness. The Act was never removed from the Statute Book after his victory the following year, so to prevent possible prosecution it was still being adhered to. ;)  :D

Actually I'm more inclined to think, like Chris, that it is due to a bridge restriction.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Thanks, Chaps. It could well be 'Tonbridge' but I can't make it out even with a magnifier.

mk1gtstu

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 07, 2021, 12:51:25 PM
Bought in the recent sale by TMC, a couple of weathered items - Farish horse box and Farish MK1 RMB in green. TMC's idea of weathering seems to be just matting down the shine of the pristine ones so I really think @mk1gtstu has nothing to worry about :no:
I'm sure the RMB would have been washed fairly often so wouldn't be filthy anyway.
The horsebox carries the wording (I think) 'Not to work between Torridge and Battle'
Does anyone know why please?

One colour weathering Mick @Newportnobby ?!  ;D

My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

Trainfish

Looks like Tonbridge on the Hattons site  :thumbsup:

Chris 1-0 Mick  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

crewearpley40

I thought torridge is in devon and knew battle and tonbridge are on the hastings line. Good shout john

AdrianC

Restricted width in the tunnels I would guess, that's why the Hastings line always had narrow bodied stock (e.g. Hastings DEMUs and 33/2s in BR era), and I would guess that as that is a Mk1 Horsebox, it would be standard width for Mk1 vehicles. When the line was electrified, the track was singled through the offending tunnels to allow normal width stock.
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

87023velocity

My latest 2 additions to the layout, Revolution Trains class 92s, 92001 EWS and 92003 in plain grey. Thanks Ben and Mike! Very nice models and very smooth running.

RailGooner

RevolutioN N92032-DCC Class 92 032 'IMechE Railway Division' in GBRf Europorte livery.

RevolutioN N92003 Class 92 003 'Beethoven' in BR Railfreight Grey livery.

Images © Mark Adedeji, on Flickr

gc4946

Trinity of Southern Region steam, diesel and electric

A scratchbuilt Bulleid 4DD emu bought off eBay from a modeller in West Wales which was advertised over Xmas but had no watchers and I was the sole bidder.
The windows are solid and I suspect the carriage bodies are either cast resin or fabricated from metal, with separate wire fittings.
Underframe floors are aluminium with Tomytec bogies and motorised chassis.

Give me a C .... and a N! (first and last letters of my surname) both Farish.
Also secured Farish 372-976 class 24 D5013 - the real thing was loaned to Hither Green when it entered service.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ditape

The Cheltenham Model Centre Limited edition  Western Champion arrived today.

Diane Tape

steve836

I quite like the 40s. I remember cabbing D202 on a run from Liverpool St. to Norwich. Between Shenfield and Ingatestone we were knocking on a bit and a crow hit the bar between the windscreens and was spread right across both. The driver had to throttle down so we could look out of the side windows until we got  to Chelmsford where we could get the bird washed off.
I do, however agree that nothing can compare with a Gresley pacific for looks, even Staniers seem bulky in comparison.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations