Adding photographs to a post

Started by Madann01, December 22, 2018, 07:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Still not working for me,   I've spent a lot of time trying to get this to work and still getting the PDF error message.  I'll try again later in the week :-(

Bealman

I just tied the photo editor link on my mobile and can't download it to google play  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

You don't need to download anything, it's web-based. 

Bealman

Thanks, Chris. I'll have another go. Wish they wouldn't wake you do bloody early in hospital!

Appendum: Still no-go. Message: It appears you are trying to use Pixir from a mobile device. Please download the app.

Bealman

I'm having photo posting withdrawal! (In reality I'm busting to show Mick the picture of Nobby's Nuts!)

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Tank on March 03, 2019, 05:00:28 PM
I've added a link to an online Photo Editor, for those who don't have their own software.  Simply hover on the Gallery menu button at the top of the forum and select Photo Editor.

Works for me on my Windows 10 laptop and Chrome browser.  It's a Flash powered app though, so you may need to enable it in the browser.  I get the impression Flash is falling out of favour these days.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bealman

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it would probably work on my laptop, but don't have it with me.  :thumbsup:

dannyboy

I have just changed to Opera and get the message that I have to disable pop-ups plus I have to download Flash! Think I will stick to the system I have got used to - open with 'Paint', resize and then post. The pictures upload okay if they are a maximum of 2mb.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on March 03, 2019, 07:44:00 PM
I'm busting to show Mick the picture of Nobby's Nuts!)

Do we really want to see Nobby's Nuts?  :worried:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

gavin

It's a strange issue, you can upload jpg image's to the gallery, link them from a forum post and see them in the preview but as soon as you post you get a file format error.  The error says its not allowing PDF files but it looks like its the file size that's the issue.  Looks like I need to remove all my files from the gallery, resize and then reload.  Once done I can post directly from the gallery I hope.

sjgarth

This is a test, not my picture, but good enough to test.
If it works then there is no need to post into a gallery unless you wish to. Use the top section of the upload page and it goes straight into the post.

Yours

Steve

gavin

Test post adds Both a URL and the image

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on March 03, 2019, 09:05:17 PM
Quote from: Bealman on March 03, 2019, 07:44:00 PM
I'm busting to show Mick the picture of Nobby's Nuts!)

Do we really want to see Nobby's Nuts?  :worried:

Not if you have a vestige of sanity :no:

Bealman

I can post existing gallery photos, I just can't add new ones to my galleries using my old method.

Bealman

Well well! That worked! Here's Nobby's Nuts! As it says on the packet, NIBBLE NOBBY'S NUTS!!

I prefer stuff in galleries, though. Good to refer to and include in threads as they come up if they're relevant.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations