Unread Posts missing

Started by Steven B, May 30, 2021, 05:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven B

Has there been a change to the forum this week?

The "Show unread posts" button appears to have vanished - there's still one for each sub section (General, Layou and Models, Product reviews etc).

Can we have the Show Unread that works for the whole forum back please?

Steven B.

JBQFC

it is still there for me just used it to find this post

John

Newportnobby

If you mean the 'Show all unread posts' it's the only one I use and has never gone missing :confused2:

ntpntpntp

"Show all unread posts" and "Show all unread posts since last visit"  have both been there all the time, I haven't noticed anything going missing.  I always use ".... since last visit"
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

njee20

Nope, never noticed any change here!

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: Steven B on May 30, 2021, 05:02:46 PM
... appears to have vanished...

Surely an oxymoron  :D

Seriously, the facility is still available for me.

Bealman

Dunno what's happened there, Steven. All's well here too.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

LASteve

I read your post because I clicked the "Show unread posts since last visit" link. Granted it wasn't a button, but then again it never has been. Are you sure you're on the right forum?

Fardap

Quote from: Steven B on May 30, 2021, 05:02:46 PM
Has there been a change to the forum this week?

The "Show unread posts" button appears to have vanished - there's still one for each sub section (General, Layou and Models, Product reviews etc).

Can we have the Show Unread that works for the whole forum back please?

Steven B.
Probably needs clarification if you are using mobile or desktop - I have never seen a button and mainly use desktop - the link has always been next to my profile pic at the top under user name?

When I access on mobile occasionally when it first connects I get a fairly nice mobile friendly version, not sure if there is a button or menu option there as when I click a topic it takes me to the desktop version and then never returns to the 'mobile optimised' version unless I leave and come back - odd behaviour as it doesn't seem to keep the mobile user tag.

However per your topic I have never seen a button - do you have a screen shot (of it or of where it used to be?

Bealman

I am on the forum a lot from my mobile phone (just as I am now), and it switches periodically on to the red mobile version that I hate.

As a mod, I complained privately to the controlling bodies, but was told to live with it, which I have done for quite a few years now. I simply switch it to the desktop version.

This comes up with the headings that LASteve says are there.

Is it still happening to you, Steve?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Steven B

I use a bookmark to get to the forum, which takes me to the same page as clicking the "forum" button at the top of the page:
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=forum

If I go to "Home" they yes, just below my profile picture there is a link to "Recent unread Topics".

However, there used to be a section at the top of the site where I'd see my profile picture, a link to "unread posts since my last visit" (or similar wording), together with a link showing any notifications I have. None of these are now showing:

I've tried on Windows 10 with Firefox, Android 4.2.2 with basic browser and Chrome (desktop site) and Linux Mint with Firefox. None have the section that was where I've circled in green on the picture above.

It maybe I've changed a setting in Firefox, but for it to have disappeared on three different OS makes me think it's a forum change, or at least a change in the way it's behaving with the latest Firefox.

Steven B.

ntpntpntp

Curious.   All good here using Win 10 and Chrome

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Nbodger

There is a red toggle button on the right hand side that turns it on/off

Mike H

LASteve

Quote from: Nbodger on May 31, 2021, 02:21:19 PM
So there is! I've been on here for a number of years and never noticed that! How long has it been there?

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: Nbodger on May 31, 2021, 02:21:19 PM

Mike H

Here's a screen print with it toggled off - and the last unread stuff has disappeared.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations