The Biggest Little Railway in the World

Started by Papyrus, January 06, 2018, 03:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: GroupC on January 16, 2018, 01:30:05 PM
Apparently Dick Strawbridge's next TV venture is all about rebuilding things to do with castles and stuff from days of yore, to be called "Dick Strawbridge's Stick Drawbridge".

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:
(That could have been a whole lot worse, though)

RailGooner

:thumbsdown: Meh.

Just finished watching the final episode. Ultimately a waste of 5 hours for me, lord knows how many wasted hours for the participants - I hope they've made some good friendships because I saw little else worthwhile in it. And what's with this "battery-powered diesel loco" rubbish(!)? It's an electric loco, period.

Graham Walters

Quote from: RailGooner on February 13, 2018, 10:49:50 PM
:thumbsdown: Meh.

Just finished watching the final episode. Ultimately a waste of 5 hours for me, lord knows how many wasted hours for the participants - I hope they've made some good friendships because I saw little else worthwhile in it. And what's with this "battery-powered diesel loco" rubbish(!)? It's an electric loco, period.

You deserve a medal for getting through the whole five hours, I only managed just over two episodes before the exasperation and boredom got to me
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

emjaybee

I too, never made it to the end of the second episode.

I half wonder what the end result was, but I can't help thinking I've more important things to worry about...

...hmmm, one of our cats is looking at me funny...

...food? play-time? fuss?...

...dunno what you want Penfold.

What was I doing?

Where's the box of matchmakers....

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: GroupC on January 16, 2018, 01:30:05 PM
Apparently Dick Strawbridge's next TV venture is all about rebuilding things to do with castles and stuff from days of yore, to be called "Dick Strawbridge's Stick Drawbridge".

Stick or sick

Graham Walters

Quote from: emjaybee on February 13, 2018, 11:16:47 PM
I too, never made it to the end of the second episode.

I half wonder what the end result was, but I can't help thinking I've more important things to worry about...

...hmmm, one of our cats is looking at me funny...

...food? play-time? fuss?...

...dunno what you want Penfold.

What was I doing?

Where's the box of matchmakers....

From watching one of jenny's Video's the engine did actually make it, .....well with a lot of help from it's friends, and she intimated that not everyone left Scotland the best of friends, time constraints was the biggest complaint, building materials the next.
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

Zogbert Splod

Another example of so called reality TV.  I watched most of it though - in the hope that it might become interesting.  Really it didn't.  I need to learn!  It's an example of why I don't have a TV.  There is less and less interesting on the 'look back in anger' websites.  Oh, I think they are often called 'catchup' sites or something like that.

TV could be so good - what a waste!  Who was it who said 'Religion is the opiate of the masses'?  He got it wrong.
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

javlinfaw7

I watched it all the way through but wish I had not. How could they claim it was the longest model railway in the world when the lifted the "track" from behind and relaid it in front?

NTrain

I am one of those that did watch all episodes.

However, not because it was good, there was soooo much wrong. With so much done to sensationalise the events, a lot of repetition, to help drag it out.

A lot of glaring errors, which considering that there were engineers and experienced modellers. Flimsy plastic track, with no bedding, it was a wonder the poor little train managed to stay on the track at all.

Well done for those who made it, and had to put up with the weather and everything. I certainly hope it was not as bad for them as the programs portrayed.

Newportnobby

I suspect a more interesting programme could have been "How does Dick Strawbridge get food into his mouth through the facial hair curtains?" ::)

emjaybee

I'm going to propose a new project.

I plan to run an N gauge loco continuously on one permanently laid track along the same distance as Straw Dickbridge.

Any volunteers?

I already have an oval of track laid on a 2'x3' board, all I need is a few people to help me carry it, and some others to push a wheelbarrow full of spare batteries, Red Bull (other energy drinks are available), and crisps.

Any takers? Anyone?

:laugh3:
Brookline build thread:

tutenkhamunsleeping

I managed 2 episodes myself, mainly for the scenery. Now you can say what you like about the show but I've slept like a log every night since then  :thumbsup:

RailGooner

Quote from: newportnobby on February 14, 2018, 09:06:35 AM
I suspect a more interesting programme could have been "How does Dick Strawbridge get food into his mouth through the facial hair curtains?" ::)

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: One of those rare occasions when I genuinely laughed-out-loud.

RailGooner

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on February 14, 2018, 09:48:07 AM
I managed 2 episodes myself, mainly for the scenery. Now you can say what you like about the show but I've slept like a log every night since then  :thumbsup:

Steve, that'll stop if you deselect 'repeat/loop play'! :D

emjaybee

Quote from: newportnobby on February 14, 2018, 09:06:35 AM

Many have jested about this, but has anyone realised the unpalatable truth?

Straw Dickbridge is actually quite a skinny bloke. What you think is a beer belly is actually...

...{shudder} excessive body hair!

:sick2:
Brookline build thread:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31