Forum board for layout owners

Started by Buzzard, February 20, 2014, 04:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzard

Would it be possible to have a board where layout owners could post details of which show(s) their layout will be at for say the next 12 months?

The subject of each post would be the layout name with the exhibition details in the body of the post.

This would give the rest of us the opportunity to find out where a layout will be and if we're keen enough to see it go along.  It would also be easier than keep PM'ing that member asking where his/her layout will be.

Nigel

Dock Shunter

There's already a board.......(Events,Shows,Exhibitions) were shows etc can be advertised.
It is linked to the calender so can be seen there too.
They also appear in the upcoming calender section as they get near to the event.... :thumbsup:

Buzzard

Quote from: Dock Shunter on February 20, 2014, 04:53:15 PM
There's already a board.......(Events,Shows,Exhibitions) were shows etc can be advertised.
It is linked to the calender so can be seen there too.
They also appear in the upcoming calender section as they get near to the event.... :thumbsup:

Agreed but I'm suggesting the ability to see a list of shows by layout not shows in calendar order that may or may not include a list of layouts.

Nigel

Tank

Perhaps a Sub-board of the Events board could be created and used?

Thoughts welcome.

PostModN66

Quote from: Tank on February 20, 2014, 05:43:14 PM

Thoughts welcome.

Do you even need a sub-board?  Nothing to stop people posting "forthcoming shows where LAYOUT X will be seen"

Jon  :)
"We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected." ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Sprintex

Quote from: PostModN66 on February 20, 2014, 05:46:14 PM

Thoughts welcome.

Do you even need a sub-board?  Nothing to stop people posting "forthcoming shows where LAYOUT X will be seen"

I go with that :thumbsup:

Paul

Pengi

Quote from: Sprintex on February 20, 2014, 10:21:56 PM
Quote from: PostModN66 on February 20, 2014, 05:46:14 PM

Thoughts welcome.

I go with that :thumbsup:

Paul
I agree too  :thumbsup:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

Another one in favour, and thanks to Jon for kicking it off and Buzzard for suggesting it :thumbsup:

Caz

Sounds a simple solution and will save having another separate board.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

talisman56

If you have a separate sub-board then all the layouts will be listed there and in one place. Each layout owner could then maintain a thread where the first post would be continually updated with the latest bookings and any comments about the layout, appearance, venue, etc. can just go on from there.

With the idea that the 'Appearances' threads can be in with the 'Events' threads runs the risk of the layouts getting lost amongst the events (or vice versa).

Just my 2p...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations