The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

Just picked up a click and collect order from ASDA. The woman bringing the order out told me that there was lots missing - which did not surprise me. The trouble is that on every single occasion that we have used them, we have received an email confirming the order, one confirming any amendments that we've made later and one telling us that there is still time to amend the order - but NEVER the final one that says that it is ready, what has been substituted and what is missing entirely.

I phoned to explain the problem and told them that Tesco just hand you a printout. They said they did it electronically for environmental reasons - and I pointed out that it was not good for the environment for me to have to make the journey home, check everything against the order, make a new list and drive out to another shop instead of stopping off on the way home.

This would have gone in the Unhappy thread, but it was upgraded to the Angry thread after being on hold for 43 minutes to complain about it in the first place!

Malc

Quote from: Bealman on March 12, 2020, 01:49:36 AM
On my way to get my monthly venesection yesterday, I was turning left at a major intersection in town, and had to wait on the corner while pedestrians crossed. Someone in one of those big recreational tanks couldn't wait for a few seconds, and came past cms away and took out my side mirror.

I honked like crazy, but they kept going. That intersection is covered in cameras, so I went to the police station this morning to see if they had the footage of the incident, and could get the number plate.

"Sorry, sir, it seems the cameras weren't working at that time yesterday."

Yeah, right. More like it was such a minor incident to them they couldn't be bothered.

Well it ain't minor to me. The mirror is electrically moved, so a new Toyota part will be likely around A$500, and will then have to be fitted.

:veryangry:

Get a dash cam, George. It saved my bacon when a lady shot a red light and hit me. She claimed to her insurance that it was my fault. Just before it went to court my insurance company emailed the dash cam footage to her company. They paid up immediately.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

I agree with Malc. I bought mine about four years ago after nearly being involved in two accidents in the space of two weeks due to other drivers aggressiveness or lack of attention. Fortunately, I have not needed it since  :), but, like insurance, it is something nice to have but you hope you never need it.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

themadhippy

once you get a dash cam you realise 1 aint enough and you invest in a rear camera as well,saved us when a cyclist  reconed we'd pulled out infront of him,the footage of him swerving to dodge the traffic and riding straight into the back of the van.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Papyrus

I'm a mild-mannered person who doesn't tend to trouble this thread much, but I am feeling slightly dischuffed tonight...

In view of likely difficulties getting out to the shops in the next few weeks we decided to put my wife's son on our car insurance as he doesn't have a car at the moment and it might come in useful. The online amendment went easily enough and the premium went up by £50 which wasn't a surprise. What did get my goat was the £25 'administration charge'. Excuse me? Who was the one who did all the administration? Twiddling the mouse and tapping the keys? I got the confirmation of the extra driver in about a minute, and the updated insurance certificate was available immediately. It was obviously all done without any human intervention whatsoever, so what was the £25 charge for? I calculate the insurance company's computer must get paid at the rate of about £1500 an hour! For doing sod all...

I don't think I will be renewing with them next time.  :veryangry:

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

@Papyrus I would be inclined to write or email the company, asking them to justify the 'administration charge' before you think about the next renewal - they might get the message.
David.

Papyrus

That is a very good point @dannyboy  and one which had very briefly flitted through my mind and out the other side.

I might very well do that.

Cheers,

Chris

Skyline2uk

@Papyrus

That would get me into this thread as well.

For what it's worth, one reason I am currently in my third year with Aviva as my car insurer is that they don't do that sort of stuff.

When I got the new Skyline wheels I was mid-term and called them up to change the motor. I fully expected a charge of some sort in addition to a premium increase (bigger car, more power).

So when the nice lady said "£16.00" I kept quiet thinking it would be followed by the premium increase, but nothing came!

So I can recommend Aviva if your current lot don't see the error of their ways.

Of course if it is Aviva that have done this to you I shall look a prize berk and leave with my tail between my legs.....

Skyline2uk

Papyrus

I wasn't going to name and shame them, but, what the heck, it was the RAC, who I've always had a good opinion of up to now.

Thanks for the recommendation on Aviva. I will at least get a quote from them next time.

Cheers,

Chris

TrevL

Yes, I can concur with @Skyline2uk, I'm with Quote Me Happy, Aviva's online only service.  Just changed my car with over three months to go on the policy, and they have charged me the princely sum of £5.16.  I must say I was pleasantly surprized.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

daffy

Can't say what I really feel about this as this is a Family Forum:

Suffice to say  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51988877
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

"If officers see specified businesses open, they will remind them of the government advice."

what ?

no wonder there is little or no respect for the police, or their 'managers'

it was announced clearly last night that pubs / clubs / cafes / etc should close, except for take away service

so if a cafe is open in contradiction of this, the owners should not be 'reminded', but cuffed and stuffed, in the back of a squad car, booked and prosecuted.

dannyboy

The only snag is that, unless/until the necessary laws are passed, business - and the general population - can not be prosecuted for failing to heed advice. If I had my way, all this advice would be mandatory, with heavy fines, (and no government handouts), for people who selfishly disregard the advice given.
David.

Lawrence

Quote from: daffy on March 21, 2020, 06:30:58 PM
Can't say what I really feel about this as this is a Family Forum:

Suffice to say  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51988877

And they will be the first to bleat about catching the virus or the government not doing enough for them or not paying them enough benefits, someone wipe my nose/arse with all the TP I have panic bought.
Sadly many good people will be lost because of these selfish snowflakes, makes me sick.

Newportnobby

Just another example of lack of respect for the safety of others - appalling :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations