Indication of new posts.

Started by D1042 Western Princess, June 17, 2015, 06:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

Thanks Guys Now I know I told you I am as thick as the proverbial .
Bob

Bealman

Hey Bob... a couple of years ago, I asked about 'em too  :-[

But I reckon they are a really cool forum feature.   :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: PostModN66 on June 17, 2015, 08:27:28 AM
I recently discovered a little box at the right hand side that takes you straight to the new post - previous to that I was having to scroll through each thread from post number 1 to get to the latest post!   

Cheers  Jon  :)

Please forgive my ignorance, but what 'little box on the right hand side' are you on about? There seems to be far more symbols on this site than meet the eye, given the numbers here saying they are discovering things for the first time.
Perhaps I should rename this thread "And what does that bit do? :confused2:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Tom U

Interesting topic for me.
Took me a while to realise what everyone was talking about. 
I always enter NGF via the "Show all unread posts", because I want to read everything about everything - even AustinBob's jokes  ;)
So I had not really noticed the signals, nor given a thought about what they may be trying to tell me, perhaps I thought I was banned from the red signal ones  :'(
Not wanting to be a SPAD!
:NGF:
Tom.

Dorsetmike

If you use the "Show all unread topics"  option the unread topic titles  are listed by most recent, alongside the topic title is a small orange box with "NEW" in it, if you click on "NEW" you are taken to your first unread post, if however you click on the topic title you are taken to the first post in the topic
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations