what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

That ones my next on my playlist, I have it on vinyl and CD, the vinyl still sounds best but as I have all their records & CD's on a hard drive I can play them  much more easily via my media centre, not as good as the vinyl but saves me keep getting up and changing the record.  ::)  ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

Very true Caz, vinyl still sounds best, but I have digitised all my LPs and CDs and use a media player too. I never owned Phaedra, but I shared a flat with a big TD fan in the early 70s. He was also into Kraftwerk. So I got to hear lots of electronic music and never bought any. So now I search the second hand Shops for missing discs.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest373

I play music from you Tube, the suggestions on the left (on the right really unless its upside down)  take me to music i had forgotten. I even found the my first single  -White Horses- now listening to Rubycon.  Then Gentle Giant or PFM.    :)

Caz

There's another name I love, got quite a few Kraftwork vinyls, best played really loud.  I've also got recordings made by most of the members of TD over the years like Peter Baumain and Chris Franke. I suppose I'm a Electro Rock freak.  I also like Mike Oldfied, especially Tubular Bells in all its versions, also Iso Tomita, his vinyls have a whole different depth to them that just doesn't reproduce on the CD's  8)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Dock Shunter

Quote from: whiteswan on August 26, 2012, 09:31:50 PM
Probably none of you have heard of them, but I'm listening to Rubycon by Tangerine Dream  :laugh:
Sure have heard of them......i have Rubycon on vinyl (gatefold sleeve).. one of my favourite Tangerine albums.

EtchedPixels

Probably none of you have heard of them, but I'm listening to Rubycon by Tangerine Dream, followed them since they started in 1969 (then called "The One"), Edgar Froese's son now runs the group and it is nowhere as good. Have almost everything they've ever recorded and a few bootlegs as well.  Not bad for a little 'ol granny  :laugh:

Good programming music..
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

grumbeast

Quote from: Dock Shunter on August 26, 2012, 10:12:15 PM
Probably none of you have heard of them, but I'm listening to Rubycon by Tangerine Dream  :laugh:
Sure have heard of them......i have Rubycon on vinyl (gatefold sleeve).. one of my favourite Tangerine albums.

I'm too young for the vinyl  :P but was listening to Stratosphere when I read this... Kraftwerk and Oldfield are also favourites... Have you guys listened to any Yellow Magic Orchestra?

YMO - Rydeen (Official Video)

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

longbridge

Crikey Mike you are getting into some strange stuff there, what happened to Humble Pie  ???  :D :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

davieb

Quote from: oldrailbug on August 30, 2012, 09:17:27 PM
Crikey Mike you are getting into some strange stuff there, what happened to Humble Pie  ???  :D :D

maybe he had it for his tea  :food:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:

dave  :thumbsup:

longbridge

:
Quote from: davieb on August 30, 2012, 09:21:00 PM
Quote from: oldrailbug on August 30, 2012, 09:17:27 PM

maybe he had it for his tea  :food:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:

dave  :thumbsup:

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: Very funny, either that or he had been smoking something naughty   ??? ???
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Vangelis and Demis Roussos in the same band? What more can one ask for ;)
I have the original vinyl double album and, apart from those 2 tracks, the rest is pretty dire but it's a rarity (some would say it should remain so)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations