Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Unfortunately Victoria has a big virus problem at the moment! 
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on July 06, 2020, 10:19:12 AM
Apologies to @Graham  and other Victorian members, border shut again!  ;D ;)

Ah well at least this side of Melbourne is not in lockdown and i can get to the train club tomorrow. As we are on the happy thread that is one big bonus.

jpendle

Two years post transplant :claphappy: :claphappy:

Plus all bloodwork was spot on last week.

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

LASteve

Quote from: jpendle on July 19, 2020, 03:06:31 AM
Two years post transplant :claphappy: :claphappy:

Plus all bloodwork was spot on last week.

John P
Great news, John.  :beers:

dannyboy

Nice to know that things are going well.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Graham

congratulations John,

keep safe
Graham

Papyrus

I went for an eye test today, it being two and a half years since my last one. I knew I needed new glasses for driving as my vision was a little blurry when I wore them, and my prescription sunglasses were over 7 years old, so I figured it was going to be expensive. Imagine my state of gobsmackedness when the lady told me my vision had improved since my last visit, I would easily pass the number plate test and I no longer needed glasses for driving! Not only that, but my short-range vision had improved slightly too - my existing glasses were fine and if I needed any more to get some £10 ones from the chemist. Retinas are fine; only the merest hint of the beginnings of a cataract to spoil the perfect 10, but even that's not going to cause any problems for a few years yet. Deep joy.

Now if only the same could happen to my hearing...

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

Quote from: Papyrus on July 30, 2020, 09:18:13 PM

Now if only the same could happen to my hearing...

Pardon?

(Great news on the eyesight front, though. No more Specsavers* jokes for you, Chris)

*Other opticians are available blah blah

tutenkhamunsleeping

Newportnobby

Narrowly escaped the new restrictions imposed on parts of the NW last night :sweat:
If you drew a semi circle with a 15 mile radius from me North to South then that's how close it was. Even closer for my Mum who's 5 miles nearer to Darwen than I am. She's so looking forward to getting out of her prison bungalow tomorrow even if it's just for a drive round (I've told her to use back roads until she's got used to it as she's not driven the car for some 5 months)

Bealman

If you go the same way as Australia, the whole place will be shut down again.

:(

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Skyline2uk

Nothing like a bit of model making and, in this case, model completion to lift the spirits.

I declare my rake of JTAs / JUAs complete.

I obtained this rake of TPM (now NGS) kits part built years ago. Lockdown has seen me decal them and complete what is by far my biggest N gauge kit build to date.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/200pvjaricuucxx/Video%2002-08-2020%2C%2013%2034%2006.mov?dl=0

Loved every minute of the build and livery research for these. One day will double the rake but that's for the future.

:thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

crewearpley40

Stay safe and an excellent project adam. Just need a load for the wagons

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations