Annual Wishlist Poll

Started by ScottyStitch, October 10, 2016, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karhedron

I believe they did the or are doing 450 in 00. Not sure if it has been released yet.

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

njee20

Yes, I remember seeing pictures. I've a vague recollection they were only doing it weathered (which was Bachmann weathered, aka 'waft of brown') in the latest catalogue or something.

Shiney Sheff

Good to see the LMS twins high on the list, If only    :hmmm:

red_death

IIRC there were about 550 votes in the N gauge poll and the highest ranked item got just over 100 ie 20% roughly. If you extrapolate the 550 to the membership of the NGS (more than 5500) then you can say roughly 10x the poll results so the top-voted items have potentially 1000 customers.  Some of those customers won't be a in a position to purchase what they want at any given time etc.

It shows the difficulty of producing something that people are going to buy in sufficient numbers to make it viable to produce RTR (even for smaller manufacturers).  Of course the poll doesn't allow for people buying multiples of the same model (probably one of the most important considerations for a manufacturer!).

Cheers, Mike

emjaybee

I'm not a diesel fan, but when  I looked "The Twins" up, because I had no idea what everyone was wittering on about, I immediately voted for them.

I think they look great and wouldn't look out of place on my proposed layout. I'd buy both of them like a shot. I mean, what's the point of credit cards otherwise.

Here's hoping.

:thumbsup:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Karhedron

Quote from: red_death on November 04, 2016, 11:41:23 AM
IIRC there were about 550 votes in the N gauge poll and the highest ranked item got just over 100 ie 20% roughly. If you extrapolate the 550 to the membership of the NGS (more than 5500) then you can say roughly 10x the poll results so the top-voted items have potentially 1000 customers.  Some of those customers won't be a in a position to purchase what they want at any given time etc.

This is certainly true but conversley, some modelers may purchase more than one of an item. For example, the class 117/118, 120 and 158/159 DMUs all featured in the overall Top 10 and I imagine that there are plenty of modelers who would purchase these in multiple.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

red_death

Quote from: Karhedron on November 04, 2016, 11:50:19 AM
This is certainly true but conversley, some modelers may purchase more than one of an item.

Errr that is exactly what I said in the last sentence of my post!

Cheers, Mike

Karhedron

Quote from: red_death on November 04, 2016, 11:58:40 AM
Errr that is exactly what I said in the last sentence of my post!

D'oh!  :smackedface:

Sorry.

Time for more coffee perhaps.

Thorpe Parva

I wish that the Class 28 hadn't been split into two variants. 53 votes for the modified window version and 40 for the original. Superficially this gives 93 votes for a Class 28 but I'm sure that some, like me, will have voted for both variants. As I would purchase 2 Class 28s it's not really misleading!

Also I don't understand why the 25/3 is not in the poll as the discontinued BachFar version was based on the older Farish body.

Glad to see the 8F and Standard Class 4 near the top of the Steam list.

Snowwolflair

Reading from the top it looks like my kit-build/conversion priority list.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Thorpe Parva on November 04, 2016, 12:22:44 PM

Glad to see the 8F and Standard Class 4 near the top of the Steam list.

Agreed. Both in the top 12 but, sadly, I'm unlikely ever to see them :(

crepello

Of these 2, I'd say the 8F would be the best option, as the Standard 4 could be thought of as not that different from the Standard 5.

johnlambert

I could find room for either an 8F of a Standard 4, 4-6-0 on my layout (and probably both).  But I agree that the LMS 8F looks like the better bet.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: crepello on November 04, 2016, 04:16:23 PM
Of these 2, I'd say the 8F would be the best option, as the Standard 4 could be thought of as not that different from the Standard 5.

Yes, the Farish 8F is long in the tooth and was not good at traction and Farish seem happy to upgrade and reissue.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations