Annual Wishlist Poll

Started by ScottyStitch, October 10, 2016, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulCheffus

Quote from: njee20 on October 16, 2018, 01:23:11 PM
I think it should generally apply to mass market RTR only. So anything available in kit form is still fair game for the list, after all, pretty much everything is available in some guise if you're happy doing some building!

Hi

Anything is available with drawings, photos and some plasticard  :D

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Dalek on October 16, 2018, 02:03:30 PM
Look at the Class B tankers compared to a kit or dare i say it a Peco tanker, i know the Peco tanker isn't a kit but i think you know what i mean, its from a different planet!

Hi

Revolution class B vs kit built class A & B

Not a lot of difference in this case.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

njee20

Quote from: PaulCheffus on October 16, 2018, 04:00:18 PM

Anything is available with drawings, photos and some plasticard  :D

That was exactly my point...

Dalek

Quote from: PaulCheffus on October 16, 2018, 04:03:21 PM
Look at the Class B tankers compared to a kit or dare i say it a Peco tanker, i know the Peco tanker isn't a kit but i think you know what i mean, its from a different planet!

Hi

Revolution class B vs kit built class A & B

Not a lot of difference in this case.

Cheers

Paul

Those look great Paul, well done.

I did say on my post you quoted me on

I don't want to sound harsh or offensive but... the current crop of RTR are far superior in detail and quality, unless your a master builder of these kits and i'm not. Plus with RTR you possibly get sound from the factory, DCC, lights etc etc. Again all possible if you have the skills and time.

So guess what i should have put was RTR versions not kits, although many people have the skills to turn out something nice i am not one of those people unfortunately.

Wish i had the skills, patience, time etc. Your tankers look great,  :)

Craig

Cooper

They do look great! And I have to ask, whose kits were they? Im always looking for different wagons....

Stuart Down Under

I agree with John Lambert. We should just use the 2016 list of "finalists", limiting it to those which say got more than 35 votes last time. That would reduce it to about 300 lines, which will more than cover anything likely to be worth taking on by the manufacturers. I think everyone should get say 30 votes, across all categories, otherwise it is hard to tell what the relative popularity of say a TPO coach vs a GWR loco, or a Class 85. In 2016 the TPOs and breakdown crane came ahead of every loco except the King Arthur.

As John says, if there are things you want that are not listed, just make a note, and we can think about them next year.

I am also happy to help compiling results.  :thumbsup:

Stuart Down Under

So we can assume that this idea is dead....

:dunce:

RailGooner

I hope not. I'm unable to contribute to organising this myself, but am appreciative of those who can. :beers:

:hmmm: I wonder what a Beyer-Garratt 2-6-0-0-6-2 would have polled a week ago(?)! :D

njee20

No, it's not dead at all, its just not a trivial exercise. Not least there are lots of considerations for what should be in or out, let alone actually compiling that list.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

NGS-PO

Further to the above, I can confirm that there is in place a small team at present (expected to grow in number) concerned with a resurrected N Gauge Wishlist Poll. This has the approval, of sorts, of the previous Poll team who are now concerned exclusively with OO gauge items.

Although the project, and the team, is in its infancy, we have the benefit of some very knowledgeable people on board and a start to the Poll lists has already been made, using those from the 2016 poll.

I must stress that the N Gauge Wishlist Poll is NOT affiliated in anyway with the N Gauge Society

Best

Scott (N Gauge Wishlist Poll Team Member)
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

emjaybee

Thanks for the heads up. It's good to know that something is progressing...

...let me know when I can put 'The Twins' on the list.

Keep up the good work.

:thumbsup:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

NGS-PO

Quote from: emjaybee on November 23, 2018, 09:54:46 AM

Keep up the good work.

Already there, Sir!  ;)

Best

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Dalek

Quote from: NGS-PO on November 23, 2018, 09:58:29 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on November 23, 2018, 09:54:46 AM

Keep up the good work.

Already there, Sir!  ;)

Best

Could save a lot of time just putting the twins proposal to any manufacturer that would listen and produce it, I'm up for two (funnily enough)  :smiley-laughing:

Craig

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations