Farish / Dapol Collectors clubs ?

Started by Westbury, April 01, 2015, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snail

Quote from: Fardap on October 11, 2016, 04:47:49 PM
Any updates on Farish Dale?

I went to the Dapol open day, was interesting and I guess as it was Wales they organised a mass scrum for the NQP items, was funny to watch!
Well worth going and some nice bargains on offer, although the pricing was the same as TINGS I think, good though, still made me open the wallet  :worried:

Farish turned up the next day, its almost like they knew!  :laugh:
I'd like to have made the open day (been a yorkshireman I love the idea of a bargin) they seem to be quite selective of NQP's at Warley and TINGS.
Did the open day include a factory tour? I love been nosy in factories  :D :D :D

Dale

georgehgv

Quote from: snail on October 11, 2016, 09:23:40 PM

I went to the Dapol open day, was interesting and I guess as it was Wales they organised a mass scrum for the NQP items, was funny to watch!
Well worth going and some nice bargains on offer, although the pricing was the same as TINGS I think, good though, still made me open the wallet  :worried:

I'd like to have made the open day (been a yorkshireman I love the idea of a bargin) they seem to be quite selective of NQP's at Warley and TINGS.
Did the open day include a factory tour? I love been nosy in factories  :D :D :D

Dale

Thee factory/warehouse was open to view and the scrum was very up close and personal but fruitful.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

Fardap

Quote from: snail on October 11, 2016, 09:23:40 PM

Dale

Yes it was basically IN the factory, they had demos of pretty much anything going, injection moulding of Deltic models (OO), a really interesting demo in the printing of Private plank wagons was fascinating, I have a bit of a graphics background so was my kind of thing...

'Building' the N gauge model consisted of putting in coal, clipping body to chassis and adding wheels, the O gauge build looked really interesting and met someone in the 'Weathering booth' that although an N gauge modeller had bought an O gauge model as a shelf display... wish I had thought of that as it looked fantastic.

Got my model wagon weathered and had a nice chat with the 'weather lady'.

All in all well worth the trip, spent too much but hey ho.   I came out of the scrum, having let it die down, with a nice little Ivatt 2-6-2 doesn't seem to be much wrong with it for £25.

S

austinbob

Just posted to Dapol my form to reserve my class 66 Evening Star club special. Artwork drawings look great.
Not really my era this loco but can't miss this opportunity. Wonder when it will be available?
:) :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

georgehgv

Quote from: austinbob on November 29, 2016, 08:00:25 PM
Just posted to Dapol my form to reserve my class 66 Evening Star club special. Artwork drawings look great.
Not really my era this loco but can't miss this opportunity. Wonder when it will be available?

I am going to scan my order in the morning Bob, not seen the artwork but the images of the real thing look good.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

austinbob

Quote from: georgehgv on November 29, 2016, 08:58:11 PM
Quote from: austinbob on November 29, 2016, 08:00:25 PM

I am going to scan my order in the morning Bob, not seen the artwork but the images of the real thing look good.
Do you know when its actually gonna be available George?
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

snail

where did you find out about this?  :hmmm:

I've not had anything from Dapol for a bit, I'd be very interested in evening star though!!!

potts

austinbob

Quote from: snail on November 29, 2016, 09:34:46 PM
where did you find out about this?  :hmmm:

I've not had anything from Dapol for a bit, I'd be very interested in evening star though!!!
Got an email from Neil at Dapol today. Its also on the Dapol Digest Web site in the Collectors club section.
:beers:

Bob Austin

snail

How bizarre, I've not had an email.

I really need to join the Dapol forum.

Hopefully I get an email in the morning and its just been lost in the interwebs :angel:

potts

You need to be a member to get the emails

georgehgv

Quote from: potts on November 29, 2016, 09:42:05 PM

And to get the exclusive models.

snail

I am a member, joined up at TINGS   :doh:

georgehgv

Quote from: snail on November 29, 2016, 09:50:09 PM

I am a member, joined up at TINGS   :doh:

Ah but gave you been vetted yet?

snail

No idea  ;D I received the welcome pack, sent a few emails to get the collectors club model on the open day (as I wasn't able to attend)

But that's been the last I heard from them, the wagon is great though!  :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations