Etched Pixels/Ultima

Started by paulprice, April 27, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Does anyone know when they will be open for orders again?

njee20

He said early April IIRC @EtchedPixels, how's the move going?

EtchedPixels

Quote from: njee20 on April 27, 2017, 12:19:02 PM

Still surrounded by scaffolding and builders, stuff all still in boxes, half the rooms not yet habitable. I need to update the website, but it's certainly not going to be April!

There are two people with outstanding white metal bits I finally have and those will go off this weekend I hope, and someone waiting some replacement etched 175 bits which fingers crossed likewise will finally go out.

It's taking a lot longer than planned and everything that was supposed to happen before we moved in ended up being started afterwards. On the bright side internet, and electricity now work so the essentials for life as we know it are present 8). The roof is currently in progress and until that is completely sorted I'm not going to have space to set back up.

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

paulprice

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 27, 2017, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: njee20 on April 27, 2017, 12:19:02 PM

Still surrounded by scaffolding and builders, stuff all still in boxes, half the rooms not yet habitable. I need to update the website, but it's certainly not going to be April!

There are two people with outstanding white metal bits I finally have and those will go off this weekend I hope, and someone waiting some replacement etched 175 bits which fingers crossed likewise will finally go out.

It's taking a lot longer than planned and everything that was supposed to happen before we moved in ended up being started afterwards. On the bright side internet, and electricity now work so the essentials for life as we know it are present 8). The roof is currently in progress and until that is completely sorted I'm not going to have space to set back up.

Alan

Brilliant I look forward to placing an order for some TPO's

njee20

Maybe I'll have built my Arbels by the time you're done!  :-[

Stevie DC

Thank you for the update Alan and hope everything goes well with the house from this point.

Take your time to settle in/down again, this is one customer who will happily wait until you are ready to resume sales.  :)

alibuchan

Looks like my Albers are going to have to wait a bit longer as I was going to buy the other 2 and build all 4 together.

Never mind. Might have to concentrate on the Hobbibly Oversize American stuff for a bit longer.

Alistair

Papyrus

The roof is currently in progress
Alan

You moved in without a roof???  ??? :o :goggleeyes:

Chris

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Papyrus on April 27, 2017, 06:05:30 PM
The roof is currently in progress
Alan

You moved in without a roof???  ??? :o :goggleeyes:

Chris

Well the plan was

Electrician fixes wiring
Builder fixes roof (which leaked badly and since the previous owners seem to have been in denial had damaged a lot of plaster to the point that in one room the damp-meter itself went through the plaster when testing not just the pointy bits on the end)
Builder sorts basement rooms
We move in
Builder dries/replasters top floor

What actually happened was

Solicitors were a pain in the butt
Completion was delayed
Builder took another job first
Electrician realised the magnitude of the project (it's a grade II listed building with some of the challenges that go with that) and bailed
We moved in
We found new electricians
We discovered it was actually top floor plus two other rooms needing replastering
Builder started on roof and other work
We discovered that we can't sort the basement ceilings until some problems with the packing at the end of the floor beams is fixed, some water ingress is dealt with and the whole lot given a good dose of chemicals

So right now Etched Pixels is kind of in storage as is all my train stuff.

It is however a truely epic house with a clear view from the hill over the whole of Swansea bay (or once the scaffolding moves anyway). Just needs a lot more work because most maintenance on it kind of ended in the 1980s. So once we have basement ceilings and maybe plaster on some more walls EP can get unpacked, and we can start on the central heating - bits of which are .. prehistoric.. some work to the plumbing, the windows, the conservatory and maybe one day even redecorating and tackling the three chambers at the front of the basement which right now could be used without too many props to shoot a hammer house of horrors movie.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

trkilliman

Just a bit of work to do then Alan.

Bob Tidbury

Good luck with that lot Alan ,I think I would have given up .
Bob Tidbury

keerout

Sounds like a real project, I,d love to see some pitures...  :camera:
If you put love into a building, it tends to love you right back  :thumbsup:
Gerard  :wave:

Jerry Howlett

Good luck Alan, luckily you are in Wales so not much chance of the rain affecting the building work then...

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

CarriageShed

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on May 04, 2017, 11:15:48 AM
Good luck Alan, luckily you are in Wales so not much chance of the rain affecting the building work then...

Jerry

The weather forecast for the Cardiff area usually seems to be valid for western Somerset as well, and it's been very dry here for the past month (one day aside). Swansea must be pretty similar, so it's a pretty good time to get any exterior work done.

trkilliman

How about putting out a D.I.Y. SOS Alan?

There may well be some retired/semi retired tradesmen within striking distance of Swansea prepared to do a bit. They could be recompensed in kind with Etched pixels products.

Just a thought, albeit some may think I'm barmy lol 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations