Oxford diecast number plates

Started by exmouthcraig, March 02, 2019, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

Now tell me if this is classed as extreme, I will take it personally  :veryangry:

Has ANYONE gone to the trouble of changing the number plates on any of their Oxford diecast trucks??

I have 3 which are all to be carrying varying quantities of loads but naturally all 3 carry the same number plate. Should I find something better to be worried about??

:helpneededsign: maybe of the white coats variety   :worried:

RailGooner

exmouthcraig

Thanks Mark, the first but probably not the last to tell me  :-[

Bob G

Mores the point, you should not have number plates that postdate your period.
ABC123A to - XYZ789D were issued every year from 1 Jan 1963. E plates are fewer in number as they only ran for part of 1967, and then F plates form April 1967 on.
And if you have any Italian cars on your model they should be prototypically rusty round the wheel arches and the sills. in fact everywhere!

Bob

Once proud owner of a 1966 Hillman Super Minx in Green, LJD888D. No power steering. No power brakes. Three rear end shunts to my name :)

javlinfaw7

A number of coach companies use personal number plates to disguise  the age of their vehicles , I have seen this trend now moving to lorries.

Dickydcc

I don't think just Italian cars rusted in the 60's..... my Dad had a Morris Oxford  that if you lifted the mat up you could see the road go by  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations