Brain-picking time!

Started by emjaybee, February 09, 2019, 10:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

I just thought I'd share some recent purchases with you all, and also pick your collective brains a bit about them.

With the current Shapeways 'drama' going on I bought a few items.

Two of which were LNWR stock, a goods van and a brake van. These were listed as 'Scratch aids', which I appreciate and if they don't work as rolling stock I will probably 'plant' them in a farmers field or in a corner of the goods yard.

As mentioned, the designer was selling them as scratch aids only and completely untested, although he thought the measurements were correct. My question about these is this; they look a little 'squat', that is to say they look lower in height than comparable LMS Farish etc wagons, this picture is of one next to my Etched Pixels kit. Is this how LNWR stock looked or is the print design a little out? It was designed to fit on a 10' Peco chassis (although the print is 1 or 2 mm long)

My other wagon purchase is an LMS 6-wheel slatted milk van.

I plan to fit this onto a Stove-R chassis, some filing on the print interior and the chassis weight will be necessary, but it'll work. Would I be correct in assuming these would have been grey in body colour?

Last but by no means least, a 100HP pre-war Sentinel shunter.

This little fella is designed to plonk straight onto a TU-7T chassis, which it does, perfectly. I'm aware that the chassis needs a resistor fitted, but I'll deal with that another time. What/where were this little units used for? I haven't got the foggiest idea, and I'm struggling to find any info on them, all information gratefully received.

:wave:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23