GWR O.13 Milk Brake

Started by EtchedPixels, March 01, 2013, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

painbrook

Quote from: Karhedron on March 05, 2013, 08:41:06 AM
Quote from: Hailstone on March 05, 2013, 12:33:24 AM
I am also interested, either for use in a milk train or as a departmental vehicle, doesanyone know more about their use in milk trains?
They were used in milk trains from the 1920s until the mid 1950s. They ran with trains of siphons originally but from the late 1920s onwards, an increasing proportion of milk tankers were included in milk trains. I think one was branded for a specific route (Frome IIRC) but some were simply branded for milk trains too and from London. This means they could reasonably be seen on any part of the GWR network.
Am I right in thinking this vehicle is limited to the GWR region. Cheers john.

painbrook

Hope I'm not to late, just ordered one of each. Cheers john.

Karhedron

Quote from: painbrook on April 18, 2013, 03:37:28 PM
Quote from: Karhedron on March 05, 2013, 08:41:06 AM
Quote from: Hailstone on March 05, 2013, 12:33:24 AM
I am also interested, either for use in a milk train or as a departmental vehicle, doesanyone know more about their use in milk trains?
They were used in milk trains from the 1920s until the mid 1950s. They ran with trains of siphons originally but from the late 1920s onwards, an increasing proportion of milk tankers were included in milk trains. I think one was branded for a specific route (Frome IIRC) but some were simply branded for milk trains too and from London. This means they could reasonably be seen on any part of the GWR network.
Am I right in thinking this vehicle is limited to the GWR region. Cheers john.
Mostly western. However Dm 14060 (the departmental one) was based at Tyseley for a while so I can imagine it wandering onto midland metals easily enough.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Gooner1953

AARRGGHH Just found this thread and wanted to order one but I'm too late! The website says "Ordering for this kit is now closed". Will you be doing a rerun at any time?

Cheers
Nick

Gooner1953

I must add that I find it absolutely amazing that you camn go from an initial posting looking to gauge interest on March 1st through to orders closed and production underway by the middel of April, incredible! How long does it take Farish or Dapol to produce a new pice of rolling stock??? Very impressed even if I have missed out this time!

Nick

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Gooner1953 on April 26, 2013, 09:36:27 AM
AARRGGHH Just found this thread and wanted to order one but I'm too late! The website says "Ordering for this kit is now closed". Will you be doing a rerun at any time?

Cheers
Nick

I've over ordered a tiny bit in case of problems and at least one small set of orders is to someone who sells stuff at shows, so panic not. Once they are here, they've been checked and everyone who pre-ordered has theirs there should be a couple of spares if nothing goes wrong.

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Gooner1953

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 26, 2013, 11:14:30 AM

I've over ordered a tiny bit in case of problems and at least one small set of orders is to someone who sells stuff at shows, so panic not. Once they are here, they've been checked and everyone who pre-ordered has theirs there should be a couple of spares if nothing goes wrong.

Alan

Thanks Alan, panic over and I'll continue to watch this space.....

Cheers
Nick

EtchedPixels

Various people will have requests for the remaining payment in their email. They should have gone out to everyone who paid by Paypal and is based in the UK. If you paid by cheque feel free to send the 8.50 per item  + 4.00 P&P at this point, but I'll chase the cheque orders up if not.

International folks I'll invoice once I know the prices to Canada and Australia.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

GerryB

Thanks Alan, payment for my two just been made.

Gerry

GrahamB

Many thanks. Payment made as well.  :thankyousign:
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

steam-driven boy

Hi Alan,
I didn't get the email  :worried: but have sent the balance  8)

Regards, Gerry.
...being a bear of very little brain...

brbluewill

Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

EtchedPixels

All the paid for UK kits hit the post office today.

non UK invoices will go out shortly (once I stop messing around on here)

ToothFairy

:thankyousign:

Just paid - sorry to be so slow. (Put it down to standing on my head all the time, what with being in the antipodes and all . . .)

- Michael

Sea Mills

Well, mine arrived this morning.   Thanks Alan.   It's a great looking model with really detailed instructions.   It is going to be great to build but I have to source a chassis first.   Also, it's way beyond anything I have done before so will get out my NGS and other kits out to get some more experience before I risk ruining this.

David

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations