My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Best restaurant in Tassie, I reckon. Had dinner there twice the other week!

Meanwhile, back at the bus stop...

Half moon over the golden arches the other day:

...and again last night:

Sorry about the death rays from the UFO  :)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Easter Monday special at the bus stop. I'll stick to Easter eggs. Oh, the Aussie flag is flapping in the breeze.

The buses aren't running anyway.  ;D

Hope everyone had a happy and peaceful Easter 2024.  :beers:

Newportnobby

It's not over yet in the UK. All the lemmings will be headed back home in poor driving conditions. The RAC reckons there'll be 2.1 million car journeys today so anyone with sense will just stay off the road and treat today as 'a non day'

Bealman

crewearpley40

I agree mick and George

Thankfully stocked up here and off today so staying put

Nbodger

Well today I let the train take the strain, now sat on York station waiting for the 18:45 train home to Hillsden.

Graham

after 30yrs of driving into Melbourne during peak hours, now if I have to go in I always take public transport, unfortunately my bus stop does not have the scenery George can present.  ;)  ;)

Bealman

Quote from: Nbodger on April 01, 2024, 06:25:48 PMWell today I let the train take the strain, now sat on York station waiting for the 18:45 train home to Hillsden.

How was the show?

Edit: Just saw the Hillsden thread.

Bealman

More flooding. It started last night...

It kept raining all night, but at 5am this morning it was really coming down, and kept coming down for two hours.

Anyway, the bus stop was inundated, as was the bowling club. It's open now, but every director was cleaning up this morning. I was asked to help, but seeing that the board of directors is a closed boy's club, I not so politely declined.

This is the fourth time Figtree has been flooded since I've lived here. The local council is useless.

I fully expected water damage to the B&CE, but pleasingly, not this time.  :thumbsup:

Graham

Just watching the tv news and thought I must check how George and co have fared with all the rain. Glad to see all must be ok with you if you have made it to the bowlo.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Graham on April 06, 2024, 07:11:10 AMGlad to see all must be ok with you if you have made it to the bowlo.

I can't think of anything (apart from Anne) stopping George getting to the bowlo :no:
A plague of frogs/locusts/tourists/downpour etc would be no match at all ;)

Nbodger

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 06, 2024, 09:12:21 AM
Quote from: Graham on April 06, 2024, 07:11:10 AMGlad to see all must be ok with you if you have made it to the bowlo.

I can't think of anything (apart from Anne) stopping George getting to the bowlo :no:

And if they run out of VB  :beers:

Bealman

Ha bloody ha, both of ya

Train Waiting

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 06, 2024, 09:12:21 AM

I agree.  Anyone who has the resolve to be in such close proximity to a certain fine dining establishment, which proudly displays illustrations of its products on massive banners, during his journey isn't likely to let some giant puddles stop him from reaching the Shangri-La that is the bowlo.  Just don't ask him to take to the green, though.

Green on the green - what a thought!

With all good wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations