Re-Naming/Numbering Hall Class Loco

Started by DWS, July 30, 2014, 01:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWS

Hi

I have a Dapol 'Hall' class loco and would like to re-name and re-number it as Raveningham Hall 6960, can anyone suggest the best high quality etched name plates and cab number for such a loco, also transfers for the new number on the buffer beam.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good firm that could carry out this for me to a high standard, if I bottle out of doing it myself  :-\

Midsomer Magna - A fictional station in the West Country.

Karhedron

It depends how accurate you want to be. Raveningham Hall is actually a modified Hall, being built in 1944. There are several detail differences between the Modified Halls and the Dapol models, which are of the original series Halls. The 2 main differences are the lack of fireiron tunnel on the Dapol model (which is accurate only for the first 100 or so locos) and the front footplate. The modified Halls have big girders on the front footplate which are not present in the Dapol model.

If you are willing to accept these inaccuracies then ModelMaster do quite nice nameplates that I have used before.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations