Graham Farish 2019 “Predicting and Wish Listing”

Started by Skyline2uk, January 13, 2019, 06:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Haven't seen a thread on this yet, apologise if it's somthing that wants to be done by a mod.

Farish range for 2019 is due to be announced tomorrow at 12:00.

What would people like, what do we think is likely?

For me I would like:

Dutch 47 (possible, not sure how likely)
National Power JMAs (did once for CJM, probably fantasy land unless somebody knows that a Dapol 59/2 is imminent  :no:)
Some form of car carrier that isn't covered by NGS or Revolution (no way)

I would settle for a re-issue of some of the existing wagons that would suit triple grey haulage, but I fear prices  :'(

Skyline2uk

nookfield

Some of the previous years announcements delivered to the shops!

Its a bit pointless announcing new models when they may be years away from delivery

Shiney Sheff

Quote from: nookfield on January 13, 2019, 06:58:34 PM
Some of the previous years announcements delivered to the shops!

Its a bit pointless announcing new models when they may be years away from delivery

Even more pointless when models are announced then cancelled

njee20

Already said it on the Facebook page, but I'll say it here too...

- new 90
- ROG 37
- GBRF 60

Would also love some car carriers - the double deck IPAs, like they did in OO. But they've always said they won't do those.

gc4946

My predictions for tomorrow:

New tooling: MR/LMS Compound, GWR Large Prairie or LMS Crab, 25/3 diesel
Class 319s to include option of "Flex" class 769

Mk1 RBR to go with the Mk2fs
LMS Stanier 50' kitchen car
Freightliner FFA/FGA to replace the ancient Poole versions

Re-liveries: Mk1 FO, BCK in InterCity Swallow Charter Trains livery
Class 150/2 in former Northern Rail livery
Class 150/1 in Silverlink

NB - Although Farish's sister brand Liliput has produced several Stadler Flirts in its range the UK versions will have to be all new and I doubt they'll be announced until 2020 at the earliest

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

exmouthcraig

Bulleid Kitchen cars (keep dreaming)

Re issue of
Mk1 BSK SR green
Mk1 BG SR green
Bulleid 3 car set

And defiantly DELIVER  whats been offered in the last few years rather then announcing something else we just get irate never seeing.

Paul-H

One I would like to see but know there is little chance is a nice new 9F built to the standards we have come to expect from Farish, never been a fan of the old Dapol version and am sure Farish would do a much better job.

Would also like to see the long awaited 8F in the shops this year as well, but not holding my breath on that either.

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Madann01

Newportnobby

With everything I have on pre order I'm tempted to say I just don't mind what new models they announce but I'm sure there'll be something there I'll want if I can stop falling apart before it actually happens! :worried:

PLD

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 13, 2019, 06:28:58 PMWhat would people like
An end to the big annual announcements and the unnecessary froth they generate before and after...  ::)

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 13, 2019, 06:28:58 PMwhat do we think is likely?
A lot of wailing from a loud minority that they haven't announced exactly the loco they want in exactly the condition they want (even if noone else in the world would ever want that loco in that condition).
Followed by more wailing if the RRP exceeds what they paid for their first N-gauge loco/coach/wagon in 1983.
Followed by even more wailing if the items announced aren't on sale at the big name 'boxshifters' within a fortnight with at least 25% off the RRP...
;)

Bob G

This thread is exactly a day too early...or maybe two days too early.
Perhaps if we could delete the entries and start again?

railsquid

But... where will people post their speculation? ;)

njee20

Yes this should be renamed the wishlisting thread or something. Otherwise the actual announcements will be lost amid the froth. Which, admittedly, is fairly reserved.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

In that case I would like an SR "Leader" class with sound and working smoke effects  :beers:  :angel:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations