Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Bealman on December 19, 2013, 08:48:00 AM
Probably in the wrong thread here, but in relation to my post above, does anyone know what a suitable locomotive would be to pair with my new maroon inspection coach? I thought it would look really cool with my green Class 14, but as Etched Pixels has pointed out, the 14's didn't really work anywhere. Indeed, (and I'll dig it out and scan it, if I can find it).... I came across a Class 14 sitting in an NCB yard (as EP says) way back in 1972 as I was wondering around taking pictures for my college dissertation about the decline of coal mining in the North East.

So any suggestions appreciated.

In relation to my new maroon Stove R, same thing..... what do I run it with? Apparently they ceased being connected to passenger trains in 1959?

:beers: George

This is what pulls my Inspection Coach
[smg id=8909 type=full align=center caption="37 and Inspection coach"]
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

scotsoft

A Minitrix loco and coaches won on eBay arrived this morning  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Bealman

They're cute. What vintage would they be, then?

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

keerout

George beat me to it! sooo cute, you can't help smiling when you look at them..
Gerard  :wave:

scotsoft

According to the seller he bought them in Germany in 1982  :goggleeyes:

I have not had time to give them a run yet but when I took each out of the box they are as new.
I did try the loco on some track and it will benefit from a sparse drop of oil and a good running in  :thumbsup:

The seller also included an oval of track and the Minitrix controller which was not in the sale, so I was given those free of charge which was very generous of him.

cheers John.

Bealman

Cool. Looking at them, I would have guessed early Eighties. Canny buy!

George

trainsdownunder

Good result John - What happened to the "no money left" comment you sent me the other day.  :laugh:

scotsoft

Quote from: trainsdownunder on December 19, 2013, 11:46:07 PM
Good result John - What happened to the "no money left" comment you sent me the other day.  :laugh:

That's what credit cards are for  :-[  ;)

trainsdownunder

Another from my Yard Sale purchases has arrived. . Unused ex display stock.
Both A & B units powered. All cars lit. Full DCC throughout. $220 inc Shipping

[smg id=8919]
[smg id=8920]
[smg id=8921]

http://youtu.be/Wb7P-4iIJ3M

Been after this RR for sometime.

Bealman

That IS nice. Like the road name, too. One of my favourite American lines.  :thumbsup:

George

philwhite

The BN set looks great and is such a striking livery, I have the same set but with the E8 but I think I prefer the F3's.

trainsdownunder

I actually sold my E8 about a year ago as I couldn't seem to find a B unit or reasonably priced cars to go with it. Had given up hope and bingo. The price was good too - $220 inc P&P which for full DCC through out I can't fault.

scotsoft

Very smooth running as you would expect from Kato  :claphappy:

The price you paid is excellent as well  ;)

Well done  :NGaugersRule:

cheers John.

Bealman

I think it is a totally canny buy - B unit powered as well? I am DCC illiterate, so is two power units (as in motorised)a pre-requisite for the boxed set of wot, 6 coaches? I notice that the Farish Blue Pullman set has two motorised units....

As Pauline Hanson (an Aussie politician) said:

Please explain.....  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations