Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les1952

One new and two secondhand....

From Rails sale stock and for Croft Spa when the layout is ready.  It has been renumbered to 73168, which had an overhaul at Darlington in 1963, about the time it was transferred to the Southern.  I'm going to weather it to the state it was in when it arrived on shed at Darlington, i.e. very grotty.  I did miss a trick as 73161 was allocated for a time to Gateshead and worked round the Durham Coast on parcels trains.  Haulage wise it isn't all that good.  it will take six bogies round Hawthorn Dene but seven defeat it.

Having two A1s, both of which are away for repair at BR Lines you might have thought another A1 was the last thing I'd buy- let alone a secondhand one.  However, the price wasn't too bad.  It is a decent runner but didn't have its replacement bogie or extra tyred wheelset.  It has a cab stanchion missing on the other side, and the deflector this side was detatched and a bit tatty.  Renumbered 60115 Meg Merrilees, a Tyneside loco that ended up at Copley Hill.  Weathered to Gateshead "nearly clean".  it can manage seven bogies round Hawthorn Dene, but slipped when the horsebox was added.  I'm hoping it will be third time lucky.

The last one is now a Bitza.  I bought a secondhand Dapol A3 which was advertised as "spares or repair, non-runner".  It had been dismantled for service and incorrectly reassembled.  A couple of bits from the NQP box put it back into healthy working order.  I've now swapped the boiler and cab for one out of the NQP spares box and Hawthorn Dene has 60088 Book Law, in reasonable Tyneside grot.  It is rostered for the heavy fitted goods, a rota it shares with some of the other A3s, a couple of the A4s and the Britannia 70004.  The only Farish steamer that is strong enough to pull this heavy train is the non-sound 2MT 46475, which looks more than a bit silly on this train...

Les

Newportnobby

Arriving today was a welcome addition to a parcels rake, the latest Farish CCT. This is the weathered maroon version 374-641......

GeeBee

Quote from: newportnobby on May 16, 2016, 02:36:49 PM
Arriving today was a welcome addition to a parcels rake, the latest Farish CCT. This is the weathered maroon version 374-641......

Very Nice How are you keeping ???
Graham

Yet_Another

See your maroon, and raise you:

I'll put some more pictures in the CCT thread, when I've got a spare half hour tomorrow  :D
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

marco neri

:dunce: :beers:
Today is my birthday....and ,casually, she cames from far east at good price...., thanks to postwoman :)

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Newportnobby

Happy Birthday, Marco :beers:

Sod the loco - I think lots of us want to see a pic of your postwoman :D

marco neri

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

talisman56

Marco's Postie

...we don't get posties like that here...  :no:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Hailstone

It is my 60th birthday today and I got some lovely presents and spent the afternoon in the loft trying them out - bliss!

Regards,

Alex

daveg

Happy Birthday, Alex!

Nice prezzies.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: talisman56 on May 18, 2016, 01:35:14 PM
Marco's Postie

...we don't get posties like that here...  :no:

Thanks for that. I am now extremely jealous as all we get are postmen who, regardless of the weather, get their legs out and they ain't pretty! :sick2:

Quote from: Hailstone on May 18, 2016, 06:55:22 PM
It is my 60th birthday today and I got some lovely presents and spent the afternoon in the loft trying them out - bliss!

Happy Birthday, Alex :beers:
How is your L.M.R. set? It got some pretty awful reviews here so I hope yours is OK :uneasy:

Railwaygun

I've been collecting a rake of these for War Service (Farish Collectors club so rare)

A bargain from AGR Models, Leighton Buzzard ( well worth a visit) ( if you go, its down an alley, opposite Costas coffee on the high st!)
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Les1952

Two more items

I've been looking for some reliable shunters for the colliery on Hawthorn Dene.  As my Dapol Pannier has kept going when everything else has been trying a) my patience and b) to fail in front of as many punters as possible I thought I'd get another couple.  One arrived secondhand from eBay and is now blue.  This one will remain green

I got it with my renewal of Dapol collector's club.  Club member discount made it cheap and cheerful.  I'm still debating whether to reletter the tank sides, and how far to weather it. It will run this weekend at Manchester as it is.

Picked up at Derby show the other weekend was this.  It has been lightly weathered with chalks followed by a wash of acrylic thinners, just to get some dirt into the places where dirt sticks.  It was going to be on one of the expresses, (as seen here behind 60115) but there were two problems with that.  Firstly the A1 and A2 can't cope with it added to the seven bogies of the express (OK if motive power is an A4 or A3 but I don't use the same loco every show, preferring to select randomly from a roster for each train).  Secondly it wouldn't stay coupled to any of the Farish 8-wheel tenders....

As a result it is on the local pasesenger behind the D20 or a B1. 

The recent spell of buying is mainly because I've been thinning the showcase by selling off a few locos that will never get run-I no longer have every version of Dapol's Terrier. 

All the very best
Les

Hailstone

Quote from: newportnobby on May 18, 2016, 08:48:33 PM

Happy Birthday, Alex :beers:
How is your L.M.R. set? It got some pretty awful reviews here so I hope yours is OK :uneasy:

the WD runs pretty well, a little wobble but you have to look carefully to see it

Regards,

Alex

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations