Map of layout locations

Started by railsquid, January 10, 2016, 04:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: railsquid on September 21, 2021, 03:21:39 PM
Hmm, I totally forgot about this. I think another member created the map and it was probably associated with their Google setup, and it has probably bitrotted into non-existence.  :hmmm: :helpneededsign:

*Emerging from the mists* I set this up ages ago and forgot all about it. The account it is associated with has stayed active continuously and I do not know why it seems to have dumped the huge number of points that were previously on it (Close to 80 at one point, if I remember correctly). I can promise I didn't actively delete it, but google seems to have decided I didn't need that content anymore. My apologies gents and ladies. I notice some points have been (re-)added to it. I don't know if there's anything I can do to recover the older points or make it more user friendly (as some others have requested), but I will look into both things today and try to get back to you with an answer.

-Philip
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Markthetog

Google did a huge update to their Maps software a while ago and a lot of sites & users lost their data. There was/is a site dedicated to mapping WW2 Defensive buildings that took years to compile and they lost the lot. When queried apparently Google just shrugged it off. Their pitch (let alone ball!), their rules I suppose.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations