RTR GT3 from KRM Models

Started by NGS-PO, November 23, 2018, 08:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

I read that on the website yesterday. Like many no interest in this loco and will definitely be good to have someone else join in building rarer locos.

Now RevoloutioN have announced a steam loco things are looking up for a couple id be after.

Strange how KR models need a number of interested parties to make numbers viable but chose not to personally announce the proposed project (through official lines) on the N Gauge Forum. :hmmm:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: exmouthcraig on November 24, 2018, 11:41:41 PM
I read that on the website yesterday. Like many no interest in this loco and will definitely be good to have someone else join in building rarer locos.

Now RevoloutioN have announced a steam loco things are looking up for a couple id be after.

Strange how KR models need a number of interested parties to make numbers viable but chose not to personally announce the proposed project (through official lines) on the N Gauge Forum. :hmmm:

you may, I say may, be overstating our importance. :D

exmouthcraig

Well WE all know  :NGaugersRule: and  :NGF: so to me it would make sense to announce it on a dedicated forum celebrating 8 years of sustained growth and certainly no signs of slumping.

It seems to work very well for RevoloutioN to get Tank to officially announce their new projects so an unheard of company trying to produce a very rare locomotive that needs a number of customers would surely approach the NGF.

Maybe that's a logical way to look at it  :hmmm:

PLD

Quote from: exmouthcraig on November 24, 2018, 11:51:29 PM
Well WE all know  :NGaugersRule: and  :NGF: so to me it would make sense to announce it on a dedicated forum celebrating 8 years of sustained growth and certainly no signs of slumping.

It seems to work very well for RevoloutioN to get Tank to officially announce their new projects so an unheard of company trying to produce a very rare locomotive that needs a number of customers would surely approach the NGF.

And just how many N GAUGE Forum members do you expect to order  the 00 GAUGE version (which let's be realistic, will out-sell the N-gauge version at least 2:1) ::)
I don't recall Revolution announcing any of their 00 models here first...

railsquid

Quote from: PLD on November 25, 2018, 12:09:04 AM
Quote from: exmouthcraig on November 24, 2018, 11:51:29 PM

And just how many N GAUGE Forum members do you expect to order  the 00 GAUGE version (which let's be realistic, will out-sell the N-gauge version at least 2:1) ::)
I don't recall Revolution announcing any of their 00 models here first...

Seems it would be logical for a company to announce their N gauge products on an N gauge forum, and their non-N-gauge products on a non-N-gauge forum? Or am I not getting your point?

NinOz

Love the picture of the loco on facebook.  Wonder if the model will come with the heavily lided eyes, looks like a Thomas friend.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

PLD

Quote from: railsquid on November 25, 2018, 12:52:47 AM
Seems it would be logical for a company to announce their N gauge products on an N gauge forum, and their non-N-gauge products on a non-N-gauge forum? Or am I not getting your point?
That is exactly my point, however this is a multiple gauge project (and all but the most blinkered N-gauge modellers would see that the majority of sales will come in the larger scale) so an 'exclusive' launch on a forum dedicated to the minority scale, is not the right platform... (if they even know this forum exists!)

exmouthcraig

Surely with today's media platforms a launch of an 'OO' model on an 'OO'  orientated platform and an 'N gauge' launch on an 'N' orientated platform wouldn't be too hard to orchestrate??

If your trying to increase numbers to make it a viable case to trot of to manufacturers and say

"I've got 5000 OO pre orders and 1400 N gauge" you might stand a chance of getting them to make it.

The world's a tiny little place now so to hit every platform to get your business known surely isnt impossible???

Trev Collins

Heard today via email from Mr Revell that the N gauge GT3 is sadly not going ahead .
He is taking expressions of interest in the Fell Loco however

Roy L S

Dalek

Quote from: Trev Collins on November 25, 2019, 06:53:26 PM
Heard today via email from Mr Revell that the N gauge GT3 is sadly not going ahead .
He is taking expressions of interest in the Fell Loco however

What a bummer  :(

Skyline2uk

This wouldn't have ever found a home with me, but given that I have just found out there was an engineering prototype on display at Warley, another layer of credibility has been achieved.

What with this, the N gauge Hattons Garret struggling and the N gauge Cavalex 91 also apparently not likely (will find the appropriate thread for that), it would seem a limit has been reached in the market? I don't know, it's a shame, but it seems you now need to actually have something to show before people commit now?

Skyline2uk

Steven B

I think there is a market for a GT3 and an all new class 91. Part of the problem is that the number of N Gauge modellers is smaller than OO Gauge. The other big problem is that Hattons, KRM and Cavalex aren't perhaps doing enough to make themselves known to the N Gauge comunity. There was apparently no CAD images of the Garrett on show on Hattons' stand at Warley and to the best of my knownledge none were represented at TINGS. I don't recall much in the way of advertising in the NGS Journal either.

Steven B

RailGooner

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 27, 2019, 07:09:38 PM
I don't know, it's a shame, but it seems you now need to actually have something to show before people commit now?

Skyline2uk

I wouldn't say that exactly. I'd say: you have to prove your credibility before people commit. And I don't think that's a new thing, or that it requires proving more now than before (DJM's collapse).

Probably fair to say that RevolutioN Trains are the most successful of the new generation micro manufacturers, certainly as far as N goes. I hadn't heard of Mike Hale before RevolutioN, but I had heard of Ben Ando through his work for the NGS. So I saw a fair amount of credibility in RevolutioN from the start. That credibility grew as the Pendo progressed and was helped by clear communication.

Contrast that with DJ Models. I saw a lot of credibility in DJM at the start engendered largely by Dave Jone's history with Dapol. But, that credibility steadily diminished with each new model announcement and dire communication.

IMHO, KRM Models would've done better to get a model out and if that model was to be something as leftfield as the GT3, just target the larger OO market. Once a OO GT3 was getting rave reviews in all mags, they could've offered me it in N and I'd have viewed them with more credibility.

njee20

Whilst I don't disagree with you I can see why manufacturers don't do that. If a OO gauge model will reach critical mass without the benefit of a track record whilst the N gauge equivalent won't, why would you go back later and revisit N? The OO market is proven to be more lucrative.

Cavalex keep trying because Cav is an N gauge modeller, which is great. I get why people say "oh they've not made much effort for the N gauge market", but again, if they can expect to ultimately sell (say) 25% of the volume in N, and that requires more effort then why would you do that?

I'm just bloody glad Revolution products are successful in N; I think I'd weep if I was missing out on all of that!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations