Image Rotation

Started by Pjlons83, October 20, 2019, 09:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pjlons83

Hello,

Does anybody else have issues with rotating images? They look the right way up on my phone, PC and even when I upload and preview my post. But then when it's posted they rotate 90 degrees. It's really frustrating!  :help:
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

njee20

My phone always uploads them the wrong way, the only way I've found to change them is to "edit" the image in the gallery, which necessitates uploading it again, remembering if it needs to be 90 or 270 degrees rotated and then re-posting the BBCode into the thread. It is all pretty frustrating. Then again this forum is unusual in having a facility to host images natively.

Pjlons83

Thanks both. I'll give it a try.

njee20

FWIW that doesn't work for me, I actually have to upload the file again at the same time, then it works.

Pjlons83

I've been struggling too. I've just looked again this morning and they're now all over the the place! It seems to be random. I wonder if there's a delay in displaying the new rotated image. If I rotate by 90d for example, and it hasn't appeared to work, then try again... by the time everything has caught up I've actually rotated it 180?

I'm very close to giving up and just sticking to facebook for image sharing. It would be a shame but with resizing and then the issues with rotation it's just more hassle than it's worth I'm afraid. For me, doing things even from the laptop is just too time consuming so I have to do it from my phone which involves emailing them to myself to reduce the size, and then not knowing which way up they're going to be  ???   

:confusedsign:

njee20

Or use Flickr/Photobucket/whichever hosting site you want and link to your images from there. Means you can more easily post them elsewhere too.

Newportnobby

It was announced recently there should be no need to resize pics now.
I'm sure Admin would prefer you to if you can, but it's not a requirement.

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=33908.msg583230#msg583230

Tank

Unfortunately this a 'problem' regarding your web browser.  Once a photo is rotated on the forum, your web browser doesn't automatically reload the photo's and remembers them for how they were for a short time.  You need to make a 'Forced Refresh' of your browser by holding two buttons at the same time - 'Ctrl' and 'F5'.

njee20

Didn't know that, that's useful.

lil chris

Its been doing my head in for a few weeks now. I deliberatly uploaded a pic upside down to see what would happen it was still upside down on here. I am using Firefox browser and there is a circle thing top left that refreshes the page.I made the same mistake I altered a pic 180 degrees and nothing happened so I tried again, I forgot to refresh the page.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations