Ratio Fencing GWR Spear type cat. no.245

Started by mojo, May 26, 2019, 06:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo

I have just received a pack of this black plastic fencing which in the Peco catalogue is described as 700mm. long. The pack contains 4 lengths totalling 484mm. and I therefore need to cut and join some pieces together.
Has anyone used this product and if so what is the best adhesive for a solid joint?
Maurice C.

Yet_Another

Others, including the Peco website, say 700mm as well.

https://peco-uk.com/products/gwr-spear-fencing-black

Product update but no catalogue update?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Rowlie

Hi Mojo,
I have used this fencing on my layout and used superglue. I cut off the post at the end of the section and glue the two small spigots of the horizontal rail to the post of the other panel. This was all done in situ to avoid over-handling, won't be the strongest of joints but avoids having two posts joined together (which would be a strong joint) and then the need to disguise the twin posts with foliage. The joints have been strong enough to withstand painting.
HTH
R
Best regards
Rowlie

mojo

An Update.
I phoned Peco for advice on how to join up the pieces of fencing and they approved Plastic Weld such as Mek Pak.
They also have updated their website to show the product length as 484 mm. and sent me a complimentary free pack.
Maurice C. 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations