Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: GeeBee on June 20, 2016, 01:24:40 PM
Very nice what will that run behind Mick
Graham

As Talisman has said, they tended to get everywhere but as my layout is based loosely in Oxford there was a lot of SR activity in the area so in a parcels rake it must go - probably hauled by the N class I have or the Dapol class 33 on its way :D

port perran

Sounds very apt.  :thumbsup:

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

mika

Nice!
Mine is on its way, as well.
Now just waiting for the Dapol Schools and I can finally run my Sudbury Belle :D

Cheers
Michael

Newportnobby

Thanks Michael. When my 'Repton' arrives that will be another suitable candidate :)

railsquid

OK, I know this is German:

lux-modellbau-gleisstaubsauger by Rail Squid, on Flickr
but it will vacuum dust on any layout. I get the feeling it's more effective than the Tomix equivalent, certainly the brush attachment helps sweep up debris and it makes a very loud whining noise. The brush attachment does look like it would be handy for sucking up small lineside accessories too  :hmmm:

It's an older version (pre-1993 going by the postcode on the package) of this, which has an RRP of over 130 Euros (though with some sort of DCC compatibility), happily it came as part of a job lot which I have partially sold on, making this essentially free  :angel:

Waz

The Lux cleaning equipment is very good, I've got the wheel cleaner, and yes there are much better than the dapol/Tomix versions just make sure all your line side equipment is well fixed down and clears the brushes, as I've seen there's remove ground signals.

simonprelude

Quote from: Only Me on May 15, 2016, 06:49:30 PM
[smg id=39530 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

Its not all new but all you see wagon wise has taken me up until this Friday, almost a year to gather 9 sealions in Olive Green, granted they were released in 2010 I finally finished scouring the shelves at Trident Trains where I found the last two sitting gathering dust on his shelves!!! If anyones looking for seacows in Dutch you need to be calling him pronto... I also hear he has copies of "Fly Fishing" by J R Hartley... If anyone missed that too :D

I bought a single Olive sealion a few years ago with the idea of building up a rake. I guess I'll have to see if this is possible, if not I'll have one for sale shortly :(

johnlambert

I couldn't resist this Chinese manufactured Graham Farish GWR Rail Car at a good price on Ebay.

It was suffering from a split gear, which was easily replaced with a spare from BR Lines.  I'm not sure what to do with the slightly tatty Poole-assembled GWR-livery rail car in my collection.  I might sell it or buy a set of vinyls to convert it into a parcels car.

Not quite new is this Warship, which lost a windscreen some time ago when it fell from my layout.  It now has a new body from BR Lines and a new identity.  It was D819 Onslaught but it is now D814 Dragon.

Bealman

Quote from: johnlambert on June 23, 2016, 11:34:12 PM
Not quite new is this Warship, which lost a windscreen some time ago when it fell from my layout.  It now has a new body from BR Lines and a new identity.  It was D819 Onslaught but it is now D814 Dragon.
Must have happened before you put the perspex up, then?  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

johnlambert

Quote from: Bealman on June 24, 2016, 01:21:44 AM
Quote from: johnlambert on June 23, 2016, 11:34:12 PM
Must have happened before you put the perspex up, then?  ;)

Yes, but the Perspex went up not long after!

mickster04

I forgot I had preordered these. I Assume they are a re-release rather than any changes being involved. but I look forward to comparing them to my existing stock. Taken with my phone whilst at work, sorry for the quality.

johnlambert

mickster04

Graham Farish VGA wagons
http://www.ehattons.com/107790/Graham_Farish_373_601C_46T_VGA_Sliding_Wall_Van_in_BR_railfreight_speedlink_livery/StockDetail.aspx

I think you can probably get good examples second hand though, I pre-ordered these ages ago and completely forgot about it :s still Great models, with lovely detail, I don't regret it :D

jpendle

I thought I should make the most of the Pound collapsing by adding to my Class 66 fleet.

These were on my wish list, I was able to get them sonner than I thought.

Regards,

John P

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

MinZaPint

At last after all the waiting the Schools

to be joined by Cheltenham soon  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77