Adding passengers

Started by Trainfish, January 23, 2022, 02:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

I have a few mk3 Dapol coaches to populate with passengers, 89 coaches at the last count  :goggleeyes: Having added passengers to some older mk3 Farish coaches it created fogging in the windows of some of them. What are people's recommendations on the glue to use to avoid this? I have seen Glue N Glaze, Roket and Microscale Micro Krystal Klear. Which is best for this application? Or, can bog standard PVA be used as I have gallons of the stuff.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Pilgrimbus

I did use superglue in my Dapol Mk3s, which does carry a risk of fogging. That said, I didn't experience that effect with just four or five passengers per coach and the roof left off until fully cured. PVA would be a safer option, or two part epoxy.

thebrighton

It's only really superglue that fogs the windows and then normally if there is nowhere for the fumes to escape. Avoid putting the roof back on too quickly. No kind of PVA should fog the windows.

colpatben

Quote from: Trainfish on January 23, 2022, 02:19:09 PM
can bog standard PVA be used as I have gallons of the stuff.

Of course you can 'A little dab'll do ya', (you will need to be of a certain age to remember that), and you will still have gallons of the stuff!
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

crewearpley40

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

I think it's going to be PVA then. I should have enough of it. Thanks all you lovely people  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations