Ultimate 10 guests to your dinner party

Started by exmouthcraig, April 12, 2020, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Skyline2uk on April 13, 2020, 10:23:11 PM
Quote from: acko22 on April 13, 2020, 10:08:16 PM
Hmm bit of fun although the idea of me hosting a dinner party......hope they like crisps for starters, microwave meal for mains and Haribo for desert  ;D

So my 10:

1) Werner von Siemens (One of the founders behind the company)
2) David Stirling (Founder of what is today known as the SAS)
3) Dave Grohl (Of Foo Fighters and Nirvana fame)
4) Sir Sean Connery
5) Dr Richard Beeching (Yes that Dr Beeching)
6) Chris Tarrant
7) Roger Daltry
8 ) Prince Philip (Come on the bloke is mental you never know what he is going to say, its only a matter of time before he says something!)
9) Jodie Comer (enough said)
10) Scarlett Johansson (again enough said really)

It would be a complete shambles but a ready supply of booze makes every situation better!!  :D

That MUST happen and it MUST be filmed!

I think only Tarantino could do it justice ;D

Philip.

Here goes  ;)

1 - Muhammad Ali
2 - HG Wells
3 - Brian Wilson
4 - David "Bumble" Lloyd
5 - Mark Hamill
6 - Dr Hannah Fry
7 - Professor Brian Cox
8 - John Cooper Clarke
9 - God [I need answers]
10 - Emilia Clarke [she can stay after the others have gone  ;) :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:]

Jon898

Quote from: acko22 on April 13, 2020, 10:08:16 PM
Hmm bit of fun although the idea of me hosting a dinner party......hope they like crisps for starters, microwave meal for mains and Haribo for desert  ;D

So my 10:

1) Werner von Siemens (One of the founders behind the company)
2) David Stirling (Founder of what is today known as the SAS)
3) Dave Grohl (Of Foo Fighters and Nirvana fame)
4) Sir Sean Connery
5) Dr Richard Beeching (Yes that Dr Beeching)
6) Chris Tarrant
7) Roger Daltry
8 ) Prince Philip (Come on the bloke is mental you never know what he is going to say, its only a matter of time before he says something!)
9) Jodie Comer (enough said)
10) Scarlett Johansson (again enough said really)

It would be a complete shambles but a ready supply of booze makes every situation better!!  :D

Somehow the image I have of this is of #8 seated between #9 and #10, both of whom are giggling like idiots.  #4 leans over to #10 and asks "Excuse me dear, are you feeling hysterical?" to which she replies, "No, he's feeling mine!"  ...sorry, too much Billy Connolly in my youth.

Maybe it's a sign of the state of this hobby, but has anyone else noticed the paucity of female guests (except for Mick's list of course)?

Jon

LASteve

Quote from: Jon898 on April 14, 2020, 01:33:03 PM

Maybe it's a sign of the state of this hobby, but has anyone else noticed the paucity of female guests (except for Mick's list of course)?

Not so, I've got the Project Manager, four other women and a spare seat for @Ditape to balance the numbers.

grumbeast

This is a great mental exercise

Not really enamoured of famous people or royals but how about

1. Carl Sagan (because he inspired me to gaze up at the heavens and just be awestruck)
2. Hedy Lammar .. because damn.. Beautiful movie star and co-inventor of frequency hopping spread spectrum communication
3. Ada Lovelace (one of my heroes!.. Babbage described her as the 'Enchantress of numbers')
4. Saladin (not sure why.. just might have a very interesting perspective on things)
5. Douglas Adams . cause the hitchhikers guide is as close to a religious text as I get!
6. Hypatia (last librarian of Alexandria)
7. Eddie Izzard . Funny and Smart
8. Rudolph Nureyev (had an incredible career and hope to get some tips for my daughter!)
9.Tommy Douglas (father of Canadian Medicare)
10. Svetlana Savitskaya (I wanted an astronaut .. doesn't have to be a guy)

joe cassidy

I would replace Carl Sagan by Patrick Moore  :D

OffshoreAlan

1. William Shakespeare - to ask him whether he did write all "his" plays, and what he was doing during the historically "missing years"

2. Jane Austen - for her wit, and to discover what she really looked like

3. Ernest Marples - to berate him for decimating Britain's railways to benefit his road-building Company, and to rebuke him for his cowardice in using Beeching as the fall guy.

4. Audrey Hepburn - for her looks, and to discuss her later work for UNICEF

5. My Dad - to discover what sort of guy he was - I last saw him when I was 5 weeks old when he left for the Western Desert. My only contact since being an "army wartime" birthday card in 1944, and a visit to his grave in Rome Military Cemetery in 1985. Lest we forget.

6. Halle Berry - to discuss her role in Dorothy Dandridge, and how (or if) Hollywood attitudes have improved since Dorothy's day.  Alternative guest would be Dorothy herself.

7. Victoria Wood - taken too soon - for her wonderful observational wit.

8. Alan Bennett - for his unique wit.

9. Aneuran Bevan - for founding the wonderful NHS

10. Caryl Churchill - to compare my choices with those in her entertaining play "Top Girls"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations