nec computor power pack

Started by rodders, February 21, 2013, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodders

hello, can anyone help me with a power pack to fit my nec  built 19/09/2007.  I know less than nothing about this subject!!  would it be a powermate VL260?  I bought a 300 watt power pack from pc world, being told it would fit but my man says it is too physically big for the box.  I have several sets of numbers etc to quote if that helps.  until this is fixed i have to sneak on to my daughter's laptop.  any help would be appreciated.  thanks and regards  Rodders
After I explained to my wife, that when I said I fancied doing some modelling, I  meant with trains, not Victoria's secret fashion show, she quite warmed to the idea!

EtchedPixels

You will need to know which VL260 you have (SFF, desktop or micro tower). It's a microatx board so probably needs a microatx power supply but being a brand name system it may have something weird and wonderful. The SFF one I imagine has a custom supply for its size.

Official NEC power supplies are available via companies like EET Europarts
(0208 421 0101). You may need to go via a "trade" company to deal with EET, not sure if they sell direct to end users.

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

rodders

hello Alan, thank you for the reply. I'll 'phone them tomorrow or monday, and  P C World gave me a refund on the power pack they said would fit. so all is not lost yet!  regards  Rodders
After I explained to my wife, that when I said I fancied doing some modelling, I  meant with trains, not Victoria's secret fashion show, she quite warmed to the idea!

rodders

Replacement powerpack arrived today, and hopefully will be fitted on Friday.  I found 3 on fleabay, one with a fault(?) the second seller refused a return, and the last guy was very helpful.  Wrapped on Sunday, posted Monday, all for £22.00! mouses crossed!   Rodders

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations