Non-political post about a politician

Started by Buffin, July 03, 2018, 10:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffin

Adding to the occasional posts about public personalities who have model railways, I present, ladies and gentlemen, Horst Seehofer.

Who is he, I hear you cry. He is (at time of typing) Angela Merkel's interior minister, who has made an real hash of trying to threaten her and ended by making a fool of himself.

From The Times article "Horst Seehofer hits the buffers":

QuoteHorst Seehofer has a model train set in the basement of his holiday home near Ingolstadt. It is no ordinary train set: Mr Seehofer, the German interior minister and leader of the Christian Social Union (CSU), has placed a plastic figurine with an image of Angela Merkel glued to it standing in the diesel locomotive, indicating that while she may be at the front of the train, he is controlling it round the track.  ...

Mr Seehofer turns 69 tomorrow. Few doubt that he will soon have more time for his trains.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/analysis-horst-seehofer-hits-the-buffers-0tshddwrb

njee20

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Buffin

It's not that curious. I've just quoted the start and the end of the piece(that's what the "..." was intended to indicate). I've left out the political meat because of copyright and because this board disapproves of political posts, and quite right too  :no:

broadsword

Gott in Himmel !  Reichsmarschall  Hermann Goering had a large train set which he ran to entertain guests,
though I don't think he had a  figure of  Hitler  on the locos.

Newportnobby

Don't you just love the by-line "Few doubt that he will soon have more time for his trains"
(followed by the sound of Noel Edmunds Golden Guillotine no doubt)

Buffin

The way he's written it, you'd think being Germany's interior minister came before running your layout.

Journalists, eh.  :no:

njee20

Quote from: Buffin on July 03, 2018, 11:01:19 AM
It's not that curious. I've just quoted the start and the end of the piece(that's what the "..." was intended to indicate). I've left out the political meat because of copyright and because this board disapproves of political posts, and quite right too  :no:

Yes, I realise that's not the whole article, it's just a weird segue into what I assume is an article about his political ineptitude.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations