N'spirations 9 news

Started by H, September 23, 2012, 05:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnick

Quote from: H on October 19, 2012, 07:59:24 PM
Quote from: upnick on October 19, 2012, 07:47:40 PM
Quote from: H on October 19, 2012, 07:39:58 PM
Quote from: upnick on October 19, 2012, 07:15:59 PM

. . . . . for a cuppa of Lancashire tea . . . . .   

I've driven all over Yorkshire but I didn't find any tea plantations.  :laugh:

There arent any  tea plantations  in  Lancashire  either Grahame    :smiley-laughing:

So it's mythical and non-existant as well. Another empty cup, eh.  :laugh3:

H.

Makes a pretty good cuppa Grahame   :thumbsup: :laugh:

http://www.lancashiretea.co.uk/

pape_timmo

Folks, ordered my mag yesterday, got it this morning... Really impressed with content, format and service speed and quality. Well done.

Just wish I could get the other 8 editions....

Cheers, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

PaulCheffus

Hi

I have a spare copy of the first one (it was sent to me by N Brass Locomotives when I placed an order). For the cost (I'll need to check the weight) of a stamped self addressed envelope A5 size it's yours.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

pape_timmo

Hi Paul,

That'd be great, please let me know???

Kindest regards, Timmo
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

tim-pelican

You a currently holding:
Tea
No tea
A towel

Tank

Quote from: H on October 19, 2012, 01:46:42 PM
I'd be grateful to hear any feedback of what people think about the magazine. The good items and the bad ones. Plus suggestions for what you'd like to see included and ideas to improve it. But nothing about electronic versions and subscriptions please - they've been done to death already and they're simply not going to happen.

H.

Grahame, 

I think the magazine is excellent, and I always enjoy reading it.  I'm sure that it must be a lot of work, especially with the amount of articles that go into it.  It's great to have so many colour pictures, reviews, how to's, and also different people writing articles.  My only little negative is the front cover.  I'm not keen on the title text being hidden by other text, or it's font (very 90's looking!).  There seems to be too many layers of graphics eating away at the words!  I'm sure it's intended to be like that, but it's too much in my opinion.  The actual magazine itself if spot on inside.

I'm glad to hear that you will keep publishing the magazine.  Personally I like the A5 size over the A4 (fits on the shelf well with the NGS journal's)!   :D

I hope you keep producing it for years to come, as it's a great read.

Chinahand

Received my copy of N'spirations 9 today and am well pleased. There are some very informative articles in this issue and I particularly like the one on wagon sheeting and the 'How To' on making scale chains.

Thank you Grahame for yet another excellent issue.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

H

Many thanks for the feedback and comments. Suggestions for articles and features are also welcome.

A new batch is now on ebay; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121004061259?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
This is likely to be the last batch on ebay as most of the rest (the print run) have now been shipped out to the usual stockists/retailers.

Work has already commenced on N'spirations10 (the next issue) but I'm a behind schedule as the unexpected death of my mother nearly two months ago has been taking up a lot of my time.

H.

gelboy45

Thank you for another inspiring issue Grahame and please do continue publishing. It is the best British N scale magazine.

I am sorry to hear of your mother's death.

Gerry 

tim-pelican

Very interesting read, Grahame, and I think you're finding the balance well between being inspirational and showing such good stuff that you cause a case of "I'll never be able to do that".  In the past, the magazine has occasionally (for me) wandered a bit into the realms of being derogatory towards people are running out-of-the-box today but might be modellers tomorrow, but the tone seems to be mostly avoiding that over time.

I would suggest also that you get someone who hasn't been involved in writing it to proof-read it.  There are a good few mistakes that pass the spell-checker - "refuse" rather than "refuge", "advise" rather than "advice", "wet-any dry paper", etc.  Maybe I'm being picky, but that kind of thing really distracts me from what I'm reading...

Tank

I'm sure Grahame will accept all feedback graciously, and it's a credit to him that we've only picked on little points!   ;D

spurno

hi Grahame
great read as usual.i've got all nine plus the yearbook.the only thing i can suggest is that some text over pictures is hard to read.back page comment picture for example.keep them coming.you're a credit to the hobby.
Born beside the mighty GWR.

Regards

alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations