Graham Farish TPO

Started by exmouthcraig, February 27, 2018, 01:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exmouthcraig

:helpneededsign:

Last year I purchased Graham Farish 374-901A from an online retailer, by some strange happening 2 days later I received 2 separate parcels the same size from the retailer and sure enough they had sent me 2 of the same product. I double checked, I'd definitely only paid for 1 so not one to complain I thought, never mind I can run 2 of the same coach no problem.

374-901B has been released and is currently ordered on its way to me. Trawling Hattons pre-owned last week turned up 374-901, knowing that I have 2 x 901A and 901B on order I saw this as a too good an opportunity to not miss out. It was purchased and arrived today courtesy of Royal Mail.

So in I come for a bite to eat out of the snow, opened the box and looked at my latest purchase from Hattons and opened it. All in order so I nipped upto the barn and opened the other 2 and sat all 3 on a track to admire my growing tpo. It was when I came to put them back in their boxes I noticed

901A is numbered W80301

Knowing I owned 2 of these, easy enough to put them back in their boxes so I now find

901 is numbered W80301  :hmmm:

Have Hattons sold me the wrong coach in the wrong box OR have farish not bothered giving 901, 901A and 901B separate running numbers????

Before I go tearing Hattons off one I thought I'd double check here first

Ollie3440

Afternoon.

374-901 was released with the running number W80300

Cheers

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

exmouthcraig

So they've sold me 901A in a 901 box!!!  :censored: :thankyousign:

silly moo

So the retailer sent you an extra coach by mistake and you just kept it?  :uneasy:  You did contact them to pay for it didn't you?

Newportnobby

I have 6 of the 374-901 and, of course, they all have the same running number (W80300) but to be honest my eyesight doesn't worry about it and my brain gives not a jot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/orhyyc4m5eh5zrf/Mail%20Train%20002.MOV?dl=0

tunneroner61

This wonderful website gives the definitive Farish stock codes and the actual coach running numbers. Just scroll down till you come across the TPOs.

http://www.ngauge.org.uk/bac_pass_non.php

Confusion reigns? :hmmm:

exmouthcraig

Mick what threw me about 901 was the inclusion of a dcc chip fitting sheet, 901A didn't include these and have the sidelights fitted. I'll happily change the number but what does fitting the chip do? It's not like it has the catch nets...........mores the pity

PLD

Quote from: exmouthcraig on February 27, 2018, 01:07:46 PMLast year I purchased Graham Farish 374-901A from an online retailer, by some strange happening 2 days later I received 2 separate parcels the same size from the retailer and sure enough they had sent me 2 of the same product. I double checked, I'd definitely only paid for 1 so not one to complain I thought, never mind I can run 2 of the same coach no problem.

Quote from: silly moo on February 27, 2018, 02:11:55 PMSo the retailer sent you an extra coach by mistake and you just kept it?  :uneasy:  You did contact them to pay for it didn't you?

Absolutely. You have no right to keep the second coach sent in error.

You must contact the retailer within a reasonable period (undefined in law but general advice is 14 days of receipt). They then have 30 days to respond either (i) confirming you may keep it at no charge (ii) providing details of how to return it to them at their expense or (iii) to make arrangements for it to be collected from you at a time convenient to you.
Only if they fail to respond within 30 days or do not collect within 6 months can you then claim ownership. Until such time you should not have opened the item or done anything else that affects its saleable condition.

If you did not contact the retailer as above, then technically you have just confessed to theft. This puts you in jeopardy of prosecution and the owners of the forum in a very awkward position. strongly advise this thread should be removed from the public domain ASAP.

exmouthcraig

How does this put ANYONE in jeopardy?

I spoke to the retailer and informed them I received 2 items. THEY could not explain how this happened AND TOLD me they had no record of sending 2 items so would have to refund the 1 item I purchased. So would you prefer I send 1 back and claim the refund???

None of this is anyone's business other then mine and the retailers which was sorted out over a year ago. I didn't steal the item and that has NOTHING to do with the topic of discussion.

PLD

Quote from: exmouthcraig on February 27, 2018, 06:20:17 PM
How does this put ANYONE in jeopardy?

I spoke to the retailer and informed them I received 2 items. THEY could not explain how this happened AND TOLD me they had no record of sending 2 items so would have to refund the 1 item I purchased. So would you prefer I send 1 back and claim the refund???
I did say
Quote from: PLD on February 27, 2018, 06:14:02 PMIf you did not contact the retailer
You didn't make it clear either way in the O/P.

Quote from: exmouthcraig on February 27, 2018, 06:20:17 PMNone of this is anyone's business other then mine and the retailers
Actually everything you post on a forum is the business of the forum owners and hosts who can be held jointly liable for anything you post should someone take exception to it...

exmouthcraig

I didn't have to make it clear. The fact I had been sent 2 of the same item was not what the post was concerning.

I was not contacted by anyone of importance from the forum regarding this post. IF I was I would clarify the situation with them but as the retailer and myself had reached a decision that suited us both there was no need to prove i hadn't stole it to someone thinking they know everything

Newportnobby

Quote from: exmouthcraig on February 27, 2018, 05:03:47 PM
Mick what threw me about 901 was the inclusion of a dcc chip fitting sheet, 901A didn't include these and have the sidelights fitted. I'll happily change the number but what does fitting the chip do? It's not like it has the catch nets...........mores the pity

I can only assume a chip would keep the lights on at a standstill - unlike DC operation

exmouthcraig

Oh I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of sending it back ill just run 3 as they are.

On a different note I do like your perspex screen running on the front of your layout!!
:thumbsup:

Newportnobby

It's just some cheapo thin plastic stuff I got from the local builders merchant and it doesn't take to being drilled very well. I have some decent 5mm thick perspex to fit when I'm much further along. The main thing is it prevents plummeting stock and can be seen through.

exmouthcraig

Yeah I like the idea, you could try drilling through it in reverse with a hss drill bit but of its only temporary,  I was thinking of using it to stop my belly wiping out the stock on the sidings while im leaning over  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations