Dapol Class 68 help needed 're the lights

Started by Paul-H, November 08, 2018, 09:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-H

Hi all

I have 2 Dapol Class 68's, both with 6 function decoders but for the life of me I can't get the cab lights controlled by function keys to work, or I can't figure out the instructions

Anyone managed to get that option working, can you post a picture showing how you set the switches.

Thanks

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Kaput

Which decoder are you using? The Dapol Imperium does the cab lights fine and assuming the N versions electronics are the same as the OO it's because the PCB wants function 5 and 6 to be logic level instead of full power functions.

jpendle

Someone on the forum has already posted a very detailed explanation on how to fit your own Next18 chip to the 68 and get all the relevant lights working.

I have yet to chip mine but I will be searching for the info when I do.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Paul-H

Hi

Thanks for the replies, although I have a number of Next18 decoders most of them are Zimo and all the Zimo decoders are only 4 function, the only 6 function decoder I have is a LaisDCC which is the same as the Dapol Imperium decoder, so that's the one I am trying to get working.

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

Paul-H

Hi all

Looks like I have it sorted now.

The Instructions say the Cab lights are controlled by F14 & F15 but with the laisDCC/Dapol Imperium Decoder they are controlled by F3 & F4 by default

So all working now

Paul

jthjth

Just in case anyone else is interested, this is my own write up. I think I've posted it before, and it's recently been in the NGS Journal.

http://www.ness-st.co.uk/dapol/Class%2068%20Decoder%20Settings.pdf

Regards

Julian Thornhill

BramptonBranch

You can never have to many Warships!

Paul-H

Just been watching a Youboob video posted by CR-Signals of one of their N-Gauge class 68's showing the switching of the cab lights, and on theirs when the lights are turned on they don't just turn on they flicker like a fluorescent lamp, is there a setting to enable that function or is it just something unique to them.

Thanks

Paul

njee20

It's a bit of a trademark of theirs - their DCC fitted mk3 coaches and JJAs do the same. For the price they charge I'd want them to light my entire house  :goggleeyes:

Kaput

Pretty sure the flicker on thing can be done with ESU decoders.

njee20

Yes I'm sure it can be programmed, CR Signals aren't likely to be writing new firmware. Don't 68s have LED lights too, so it's not prototypical?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations