What is real?

Started by geoffgil, June 08, 2019, 10:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffgil

The other day my grandson came round to see my model railway, and commented that I had made a mistake i.e. I had a farm fence which was half falling down. I said to him how many times have you gone down a country lane and seen a fence at a 45 degree angle. Moral of the story: You can get away with almost anything in model railway landscaping, the world is not a perfect place.

RailGooner

Quote from: geoffgil on June 08, 2019, 10:13:05 AM
the world is not a perfect place.

Except in the innocent minds of children. :D Which is as it should be. :beers:

NScaleNotes

QuoteExcept in the innocent minds of children...

Adult imagination too. When you imagine something you usually don't imagine it with damage or general ware and tear.  :hmmm:

I always remember seeing a television show where they were interviewing a man that had lost his sight and then regained it after a special operation. He said it was quite a shock seeing the World again with all it's imperfection as you generally tend to imagine things in a pristine state.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: NScaleNotes on June 08, 2019, 01:13:48 PM
QuoteExcept in the innocent minds of children...

Adult imagination too. When you imagine something you usually don't imagine it with damage or general ware and tear.  :hmmm:

I always remember seeing a television show where they were interviewing a man that had lost his sight and then regained it after a special operation. He said it was quite a shock seeing the World again with all it's imperfection as you generally tend to imagine things in a pristine state.

That's fascinating, glad the chap was able to see again as well. One of my worst nightmares loosing my sight, imagine not seeing our lovely trains anymore  :'(

Back to the topic, "what is real", well on my layout all the stock is ex-works. For me I would either have all clean stock or all weathered stock (the contrast would irk me even more than an abnormal pristine world).

Seeing as I am too scared to weather, and can't afford to sent it all away to the likes of Mercig et al, my world is likely to remain very clean for now!

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations