Cattle wagons

Started by austinbob, February 19, 2016, 06:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-Gauge-US

I can fit a whole set (7 adult, 2 calves) of Noch cows into a Peco cattle wagon. They look nice but definitely need a little platform to stand on inside to make them fully visible through the slats. If doing more than one wagon though, it will get expensive!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

NinOz

To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

joe cassidy

A few photos there that will please Paul Price !

Best regards,

Joe Cassidy

RichardBattersby

Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

LAandNQFan

Don't forget to model the correct sort of cow for your period and area.  Black and whites arrived in the UK only in the 50s.
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

port perran

Quote from: LAandNQFan on February 21, 2016, 04:15:17 PM
Don't forget to model the correct sort of cow for your period and area.  Black and whites arrived in the UK only in the 50s.
Black ones have been milked (empty). White ones are ready to be milked (ie full) and black and white ones are half full of milk.
Ok......I'll get my coat.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

austinbob

Quote from: port perran on February 21, 2016, 04:21:10 PM
Black ones have been milked (empty). White ones are ready to be milked (ie full) and black and white ones are half full of milk.
Well I never. I didn't know that. I think I would prefer full cows so that's all white..
:D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Karhedron

Quote from: austinbob on February 21, 2016, 04:30:25 PM
Well I never. I didn't know that. I think I would prefer full cows so that's all white..
:D

Time to mooooove on I think.  :P
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

N-Gauge-US

Good to know! Noch make a variety of colors but my set is indeed the black and whites. Thankfully I run a modern heritage layout so mine can be excused as the farmer's preference :)

trkilliman

Karhedron said....time to mooooooove on. Pull the udder one Matt.

Before too long a moderator may decide to take the bull by the horns, and tan the hide off of anyone who doesn't cow down.  Yep, just off to get my coat too!!!

MalcolmInN

Quote from: trkilliman on February 21, 2016, 05:58:19 PM
Karhedron said....time to mooooooove on. Pull the udder one Matt.

Before too long a moderator may decide to take the bull by the horns, and tan the hide off of anyone who doesn't cow down.  Yep, just off to get my coat too!!!
Milking it for all it's worth  ;D

davieb

If that is the case
Does this mean the Brown cows contain Chocolate Milk  :drool:

Dave  :thumbsup:

austinbob

D'ya know - I've forgotten why I started this thread. I don't even like milk much!!
:doh: :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

paulprice

Quote from: austinbob on February 21, 2016, 06:17:02 PM
D'ya know - I've forgotten why I started this thread. I don't even like milk much!!

Howcan you not like Moo Moo juice  ???

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: paulprice on February 21, 2016, 06:36:12 PM
Quote from: austinbob on February 21, 2016, 06:17:02 PM

Howcan you not like Moo Moo juice  ???
If he's anything like me, because the joy of consuming chocolate milk is quickly replaced by the distress of producing it  :-\ whoops... Did I say that?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations