Alerts

Started by guest2, March 14, 2012, 08:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

Now the "Alerts" is working well, I find I now have a list of old alerts when I hit the red triangle, getting longer as each new alert arrives. How can I delete the alerts that I have read?

Illori

you can not delete them. but those you have read will be purged automatically every 4 days.

Tank

I shall be turning off the Alerts Modification (the triangle at the top of the forum) for two days to see if this is causing an issue with slow loading of the forum, and high usage of the servers CPU.

Hopefully this will give us an the answer we need, as something is causing problems.

Thanks!

scotsoft

I hope the triangle is not the cause as I use it as a quick visual check for PM's.

Since this has been brought up, something I have been meaning to ask for some time.

Would it be possible to get a sound played when a PM is received?
A simple "Ping" would do the job for me  :)
or
If not a sound, then a small pop up box either in the middle or along the bottom of the screen?

Tank

Quote from: scotsoft on December 27, 2012, 03:01:31 PM
If not a sound, then a small pop up box either in the middle or along the bottom of the screen?

Sure!  Go into your Profile, look for Modifying Profile on the left hand side, and then Personal Messaging, click it.  You will then see a 'tick box' for 'Show a popup when I receive new messages'.  Tick and save.

This will only be temporary in regards to the Alerts, as I feel it's a key feature.  The coding may have to be rewritten for it, or whatever is causing the issue.  Process of illumination sadly.

Bikeracer

Quote from: Tank on December 27, 2012, 03:09:02 PM

This will only be temporary in regards to the Alerts, as I feel it's a key feature.  The coding may have to be rewritten for it, or whatever is causing the issue.  Process of illumination sadly.
That should shine a light on it then. :D

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

scotsoft

Quote from: Bikeracer on December 27, 2012, 04:29:20 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 27, 2012, 03:09:02 PM
That should shine a light on it then. :D
Allan

Damn it, I missed that one  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Tank

Sprintex

I noticed it but knowing how touchy some people are about Dyslexia on here thought it too dangerous to point out  ::)

Paul

Tank

Yes, life's too short so I just laugh it off.  ;)

Pengi

The forum has been very slow for me right now - I was viewing unread threads and it too 3 seconds to bring them up each time I did it.

Do you want us to report slowness whilst the testing is going on?

EDIT - it took at least 7 seconds for this post to get sent
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

scotsoft

Same here and I got the 408 or whatever it is error last night  :'(

Tank

Thanks!

Yes I got the 504 error last night.  There was a high Server Load last night that just got bigger and bigger and bigger still!

Newportnobby

From 15.10 today I have suffered many issues usually involving class 504's and class 404's.
Couldn't even log off without an error message ???

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on December 30, 2012, 04:02:16 PM
From 15.10 today I have suffered many issues usually involving class 504's  . . .

Really?

:D

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations